So, are We gonna' act like this never happened?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Gotta admit that that's not what I was expecting to see when I opened the thread...given the poster and title,hey Paw!...Dogs have incredible maternal instincts,I remember when my Madusa had her litter in my basement.For some reason she kept moving the pups to different locations.

Akuma

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2013
Kyoto/Japan
I doubt that she burries it. We should not pull human standards over animal behavior. I'm pretty sure she just burries it as food rescource. Dogs do that alot and they almost always eat dead pups.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I'm not sure what mean when you say that you doubt that she burries the pup....looks like that's just what she did in the clip.I don't think anyone's putting human standards over animal behavior here but female dogs do display interesting maternal instincts or actions....I have seen a dog kill a pup but I've never one get eaten.

Akuma

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2013
Kyoto/Japan
She burries it like she would do with a steak. Dogs do that alot. Ours hides tons of food in the backyard.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
But she did burry it...we all know that dogs burry bones,it remains to be found out if she goes back and eats it.

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
Could it be staged? The pup lying in soft sand directly under the camera and the dog walking up burying it with its nose. Where did this video originate? I don't know why but it seems like it could have been staged, dogs/wolves are not known to bury their dead so this isn't natural behavior. It just looks contrived to me.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
It definitely could be.I was wondering if it was filmed on a beach or something.....So dogs are not known to burry their dead,what about outright eating them?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store