lightning trout

BHARDON24

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2013
Nj
MN Rebel and others, yes they were golden rainbows, sorry I didn't specify. They had the classic "rainbow" pink stripe down their sides. Here is a picture of one I had about a year ago.
DSCN0924.JPG

DSCN0924.JPG

gorak

Dovii
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
mn
Looks like a tiger in with it

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

BHARDON24

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2013
Nj
Looks like a tiger in with it

You'd be correct, I did keep a tiger with the 2 golden trout. Both beautiful fish, goldens were more active and colorful though.

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Very nice, they even advertise during the lightning trout tourny that they fight harder and are more aggressive

gorak

Dovii
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
mn
How was the aggressive was the tiger? I heard they were more aggressive then browns.

phreeflow

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
SoCal
If trout get too hot they melt. I had brook trout before and that is what happened. I was using ice but couldn't keep up.<br />
<br />
Trout melt in heat!? Thats unreal man...never heard of that before. Kinda gross lol

Sent while on the go...

crenicichla444

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2013
Michigan
I've been running my tank chiller free with no issue. Water temp normally a stays around 66 degrees. Every once and awhile when the dryer is running that heats my basement up a bit but I put two half gallon jugs of ice in the tank to cool it off

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
+1 I've been doing that too except I don't add ice it's fine. Air temp is btwn. 60-70 depending on season rn it's upper 60s sometimes almost 70. Winter it can sometimes get to 50s in my basement. I've kept rainbows browns and brooks. Like mnrebel I believe although water temperature is important, oxygen content in water is more important. Also hatchery born trout have higher heat resistance from what I've read. However I don't think most people should do it unless u live up north I live in michigan so I'm pretty lucky. Lots of filtration aeration and water changes are important. A lot of people want to keep them which is cool theyre great but they're hardier than what most people think but still not a hardy fish. Some people have a really closed mind on things and don't try things first hand and give advice on someone else's opinion or experience. Hope this posts help some people. Btws palomino rainbows are pretty cool but personally I like reg rainbows better they just look wilder and prettier.

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
How was the aggressive was the tiger? I heard they were more aggressive then browns.

both are equally aggressive.

gorak

Dovii
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
mn
I remember here in mn they were having troubles with tigers.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store