help with jardini arowana

aakash

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 5, 2014
India
thanks but they are kind of pricey. have kept 2 before they are indeed nice fish how about your arowana is he aggressive?
Mine is definitely aggressive, you should see it feeding, most of the times it bits the feeding paper during feeding.
He ate one of my algae eaters plaeco too.
Many a times seen chasing the leopard loaches, but they are fine.
I think what ever can fit the mouth of the arowana, can not be kept with it.
And the tank mates should be fast enough to swim away when chased by the arowana.

dudefish82

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2013
?
Mine is definitely aggressive, you should see it feeding, most of the times it bits the feeding paper during feeding.
He ate one of my algae eaters plaeco too.
Many a times seen chasing the leopard loaches, but they are fine.
I think what ever can fit the mouth of the arowana, can not be kept with it.
And the tank mates should be fast enough to swim away when chased by the arowana.
well said. i agree arowana are aggressive to fish it can fit in mouth

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
i brought a parrot fish today and jardini is harrasing it will he stop it
I doubt it mate usually need a group of parrots to look after each other single ones just get battered , you would be better off with hardy cichlids with big bigger mouths to at least try and intimidate your jar slightly , anything that runs and hides without a fight usually dies in my experience

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

dudefish82

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2013
?
I doubt it mate usually need a group of parrots to look after each other single ones just get battered , you would be better off with hardy cichlids with big bigger mouths to at least try and intimidate your jar slightly , anything that runs and hides without a fight usually dies in my experience

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
well said bro the parrot flares at the jardini when he gets near. but will the parrot kill the jardini. should i get another parrot? i dont want aggressive cichlids
also the wood cat never gets bullied now and i have some angel fish which also never gets bullied.

dudefish82

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2013
?
plus the parrot is 4-5 inches or should i get rid of the jardini and get some pbass

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Definitely don't sell the jar for bass , if it was me I'd leave them together see how they get on , I doubt the parrot will kill the jar it won't catch it if it does become the aggressor , more like the other way round but if your parrot it flaring it'll stick up for itself
Give them chance together before you change stuff ;):)

dudefish82

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2013
?
Definitely don't sell the jar for bass , if it was me I'd leave them together see how they get on , I doubt the parrot will kill the jar it won't catch it if it does become the aggressor , more like the other way round but if your parrot it flaring it'll stick up for itself
Give them chance together before you change stuff ;):)
haha thanks bro;) you love jardini dont you
this is the problem my tank is near the living room so i have to make sure it looks nice with the blood parrot it looks more colourful.
the reason i wanted a jardini was because green arowana and silver arowana does not have colour while jardini have colour the reds and golds are too expensive i really want these guys to co exist
luckily my parrot is bold and it is standing up to baban my jardini. wierd name for a fish huh

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
yeah I love jardini how did you guess lol ;):D
I hear you on the colourful tank thing mines also in my living room gets a bit drab with just catfish as tankmates , that's why I tried a few cichlids
Cool name ive not named my latest one yet but my last one earned the name Satan off me and all my mates called him machete because I got him the time machete the movie came out and apparently looked like one lol :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store