help with jardini arowana

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
I've got the bright red jewel cichlids in with my 8" jar . Those little cichlids stand there own .. Jar shows aggressive behavior the jewels back him out . I'm hoping that this socialization will pay off and increase his tolerance to tank mates moving forward .

Another benefit the jewels helped pellet train my Jar

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Having cichlids defo helps with the pellet training IMO they soon discover its get there first or get nothing ;):D
I'm not sure jewels will hold there own once the jar hits 12"+ they just don't get big enough if he's not ignoring them by then you may have to re-think tankmates or they'll start to disappear lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

dudefish82

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2013
?
Having cichlids defo helps with the pellet training IMO they soon discover its get there first or get nothing ;):D
I'm not sure jewels will hold there own once the jar hits 12"+ they just don't get big enough if he's not ignoring them by then you may have to re-think tankmates or they'll start to disappear lol

haha thanks mate but what if the cichlids nip at my jardini

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
haha thanks mate but what if the cichlids nip at my jardini
As long as the jars the biggest and main fish in the tank if he gets nipped he'll soon nip back and get the pecking order sorted , I was always worried about it happening to mine but its never happened with jardini only silvers , I think the warning signs from jardini are much more aggressive so the cichlids never attack just stand there ground like my fh is doing in my jardini vid

Mr Pleco

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2006
West

The jewels are only for the first phase in the grow out tank . It's temporary

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

dudefish82

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2013
?
As long as the jars the biggest and main fish in the tank if he gets nipped he'll soon nip back and get the pecking order sorted , I was always worried about it happening to mine but its never happened with jardini only silvers , I think the warning signs from jardini are much more aggressive so the cichlids never attack just stand there ground like my fh is doing in my jardini vid

thanks mate i will buy a bichir or a jewel cichlids on monday:)

The jewels are only for the first phase in the grow out tank . It's temporary

Sent from my iPhone using
MonsterAquariaNetwork app
thanks i will buy a jewel cichlid even if its temporary because they have nice colours:)

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Cool , I reckon no bigger than 3-4" jewels if your jar is 6" to make sure hes the dominant fish he won't get nipped then

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
How's he getting on mate ? Any progress ?

dudefish82

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2013
?
How's he getting on mate ? Any progress ?

sorry mate i was away for awhile but i saw some lima cats about 6'' 35$ i thought it was too expensive so i did not buy em. but i bought this fish called columbian catfish aka zamora wood catfish

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Cool mate I've got a couple of diff wood cats , greedy beasts with big mouths lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store