help with jardini arowana

dudefish82

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2013
?
My jar was twice the size of rtc jar was about 10" at the time , no idea what happened just came home to a full jardini and no rtc , there were loads of other cats in my tank at the time but the others were either too big or too spikey to be eaten , others included irwini , Niger's and my African cat
I was really worried when it happened he looked like his stomach was going to pop , after few days it went down and feeding as normal again

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
i thought jardini only kills their tankmates never swallow them:nilly:

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Who told you that ? Lol my last jar ate loads of tankmates partly due to me taking stupid gambles and partly due to him being the spawn of Satan :D:D;):D
How's yours getting on apart from the shy behaviour ? Give it time it'll past once he's used to his surroundings

dudefish82

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2013
?
Who told you that ? Lol my last jar ate loads of tankmates partly due to me taking stupid gambles and partly due to him being the spawn of Satan :D:D;):D
How's yours getting on apart from the shy behaviour ? Give it time it'll past once he's used to his surroundings

he is really active and he bites all my plants and air tubes have not gambled any fish with him yet. gonna try some bottom dweller that is not messy

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Its good that's he's active , try a birchir mate if you can pick one up cheap enough , or a solo cat

StingraySteve

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2013
Australia
Give him enough time and it'll be likely that he will own that tank. While I myself have a rather placid jardini, most of them I've owned/come across were borderline psychos. He just needs some time to settle in

Sent from my D5322 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Mr Pleco

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2006
West
I've got the bright red jewel cichlids in with my 8" jar . Those little cichlids stand there own .. Jar shows aggressive behavior the jewels back him out . I'm hoping that this socialization will pay off and increase his tolerance to tank mates moving forward .

Another benefit the jewels helped pellet train my Jar

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

dudefish82

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2013
?
Give him enough time and it'll be likely that he will own that tank. While I myself have a rather placid jardini, most of them I've owned/come across were borderline psychos. He just needs some time to settle in

Sent from my D5322 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
thanks mate he is very active when no one is around but when someone comes near he darts to the back at least he is eating well

dudefish82

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2013
?
I've got the bright red jewel cichlids in with my 8" jar . Those little cichlids stand there own .. Jar shows aggressive behavior the jewels back him out . I'm hoping that this socialization will pay off and increase his tolerance to tank mates moving forward .

Another benefit the jewels helped pellet train my Jar

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
the jewel cichlids looks really attractive but because they are cichlids will they nip at my jar cause he is fairly small

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
thanks mate he is very active when no one is around but when someone comes near he darts to the back at least he is eating well
Sounds like he defo needs a little time to settle in my latest one was like that until I put him in my main tank , if it was me I'd give him a couple weeks to settle in then try a few tankmates birchir or loaches see how he reacts to them

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store