Just a pacu.... for size comparison

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
are they all roughly around your area? or different parts of the states?

if i'm ever nearby one i'd love to check it out
All over the US. The best Amazon based display (Orinoco technically) I've ever seen is the Dallas World Aquarium. It's where I got my start. Another one of the largest is at the aquarium in Minnesota (now SeaLife MN). I created a 145,000 gallon Amazon there several years ago. They also have one of the largest (if not THE largest) FW displays out there - 220,000 gallons. It's displaying native North American fish.

fwprawn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
New England
If it is supposed to be a realistic representative - what is the living example called? Any idea?

Hate seeing fake stuff - I didn't expect that here.

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
All over the US. The best Amazon based display (Orinoco technically) I've ever seen is the Dallas World Aquarium. It's where I got my start. Another one of the largest is at the aquarium in Minnesota (now SeaLife MN). I created a 145,000 gallon Amazon there several years ago. They also have one of the largest (if not THE largest) FW displays out there - 220,000 gallons. It's displaying native North American fish.
that wouldn't happen to be the one in mall of America would it? my inlaws live there and one time visiting my wife's sister took us there. it was inside the mall, and the fw display was massive

that was you?? sweet

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
I went to the Cincinnati Zoo back in 1991 and they had some extremely huge Pacus. Pretty sure they were bigger then these in this thread.

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
that wouldn't happen to be the one in mall of America would it? my inlaws live there and one time visiting my wife's sister took us there. it was inside the mall, and the fw display was massive

that was you?? sweet
Sea life Minnesota. In the basement of the mall.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Reactions: twcp

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA

that was you?? sweet
Is that the mall with a roller coaster in it? Is the fw display a part of Bass Pro?Always wanted to check it out.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store