Why is the ban on Asian Arowanas still up?!

Ade

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2008
London
View attachment 1043139

Here's some cheap fishes in my "Rubbish" tank.

These Golden Crossbacks are so dirt cheap its not worth the effort to place them in white tanks.

By the way black tank is the best to bring out the colour.
White tanks are super ugly especially when the algae grows out.

Originally Posted by T1KARMANN

I think you need to do some more research before you rush out and buy a gold aro and put it in a black tank

Gold aro do best in a white tank if you put one in a black tank it will look rubbish

What an incredible sight. Looks amazing against black back ground.
I recently changes my back ground to dark granite. And my xb aro looks really nice.

jclyde13

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2009
Louisville, KY
From what I've learned from the members here. Even though they're being mass bred, their population in the wild is still extremely low and they don't plan on releasing any to replenish the population.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Fun fact: Red-tailed black sharks are actually critically endangered in the wild. But see if you can find a single fish store in the US that isn't selling them. :grinno:

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Fun fact: Red-tailed black sharks are actually critically endangered in the wild. But see if you can find a single fish store in the US that isn't selling them. :grinno:
I've been told the same goes for the bala/tri color sharks.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
That's good then as I was under the impression that there were almost no balas left in the wild and they were only bred in captivity for the hobby.I'm trying to remember where I read it.

Slippery K

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I used to love the redtail black sharks when i was a kid. Iv never been able to keep one alive though :(

joe5639

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2014
Albuquerque, NM
I think its because they have way more important things to do and taking the ban off asian aros would be a waste of their time.

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
From a TFH article on Red Tail Black Sharks:

Though listed as extinct in the wild, tens of thousands are exported from Thailand every year thanks to massive captive breeding projects. These utilize outdoor ponds, but reports of aquarium spawning are uncommon, undoubtedly because of the difficulty of keeping more than one adult in an aquarium.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store