Where do you get your driftwood?

celebrist

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
alaska
I have Malaysian and Mopani driftwood which I bought from the LFS. They've been my tanks for many years and some are starting to break down. I also have some Manzanita that I collected off my mom's property. I've had the Manzanita for I guess 4-5 years and it's still in really good shape, not breaking down. I really love the coloring of the Manzanita.
Yeah, you really don't appreciate it until it has been in your tank for a while and the different tones and hues start to really come out. I love mine too

jclyde13

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2009
Louisville, KY
I have Malaysian and Mopani driftwood which I bought from the LFS. They've been my tanks for many years and some are starting to break down. I also have some Manzanita that I collected off my mom's property. I've had the Manzanita for I guess 4-5 years and it's still in really good shape, not breaking down. I really love the coloring of the Manzanita.
Huh. The big piece of Malaysian drifwood in my 225 has been there for 6 years now, and it hasn't softened at all yet. I suppose it varies pretty significantly from one piece to another.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I have both mopani and Malaysian. Like the look of mopani better and fins that the Malaysian is breaking down quicker. I get them from my lfs. Would love to get some manzanita though

Sent from my SM-G900P using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

note2self

Candiru
MFK Member
May 27, 2014
pac nw
Whenever I fish any of my local rivers, I look for any interesting looking pieces of driftwood. There is tons of it around and it beats paying for it at my lfs.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store