Video Update/tank talk

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
Have to agree. Polys really are the greatest fish. Can't waittttt to pick up a few more for the 300. I ordered two tropical gar for a third of what they usually go for tonight. I wasn't sure if I should get an aro or more gar, and finally decided I wanted a few atractosteus to go with my Florida's. Atractosteus are basically the "lower-jaws" of the gar genus as I see it. Not because of their jaw--theyre just bigger, have larger/wider snouts, a more prominent second row of teeth, and a fiercer overall look. Really happy about that purchase. Trops are 80$ at primo aquatics new USA branch. Really cool guy managing the place. He said he's planning on bringing over chad pbb's, ansorgii, and dabolas. Should have price quotes in the next week. I'll share my findings.

I got these guys from a variety of sources, J. The lap is from Jurrassic aquatics, the congicus and bv endli are from a random eBay source I have since become friends with, the ornates are from the Aviarium in duluth, the others are from random sources.

What kind of stock do they keep at optimum? I'm going to call them tomorrow. Somehow I've never heard of it, but the reviews look great. A 1 star review on their google page says all of their fish are too big haha. Sounds legit to me. $$$

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
How did your lap wind up settling in on the garnet, Cody?

Askaleymanfish

Aimara
MFK Member
May 15, 2014
Danville Virginia
Have to agree. Polys really are the greatest fish. Can't waittttt to pick up a few more for the 300. I ordered two tropical gar for a third of what they usually go for tonight. I wasn't sure if I should get an aro or more gar, and finally decided I wanted a few atractosteus to go with my Florida's. Atractosteus are basically the "lower-jaws" of the gar genus as I see it. Not because of their jaw--theyre just bigger, have larger/wider snouts, a more prominent second row of teeth, and a fiercer overall look. Really happy about that purchase. Trops are 80$ at primo aquatics new USA branch. Really cool guy managing the place. He said he's planning on bringing over chad pbb's, ansorgii, and dabolas. Should have price quotes in the next week. I'll share my findings.

I got these guys from a variety of sources, J. The lap is from Jurrassic aquatics, the congicus and bv endli are from a random eBay source I have since become friends with, the ornates are from the Aviarium in duluth, the others are from random sources.

What kind of stock do they keep at optimum? I'm going to call them tomorrow. Somehow I've never heard of it, but the reviews look great. A 1 star review on their google page says all of their fish are too big haha. Sounds legit to me. $$$
U should have got the aro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love aros:) haha

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
It was a reallllly tough call. I might use my 180 as a grow out tank for a black and do an amazon theme with marble motoros, a couple Orinoco pbass, and a single black aro. Eventually I'll have aros one way or another. They're one of my favorite fish for sure.

Askaleymanfish

Aimara
MFK Member
May 15, 2014
Danville Virginia
It was a reallllly tough call. I might use my 180 as a grow out tank for a black and do an amazon theme with marble motoros, a couple Orinoco pbass, and a single black aro. Eventually I'll have aros one way or another. They're one of my favorite fish for sure.
Gotta get one dude they r awesome ... Breaks my heart I gotta get rid if mine ... But honestly I shouldn't have one in the first place

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
Did he outgrow the system?

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
CAM04414.jpg

I'll just go ahead and toss this in here :)
Just finished getting it onto the stand.

CAM04414.jpg

Askaleymanfish

Aimara
MFK Member
May 15, 2014
Danville Virginia
Did he outgrow the system?
We'll I got him wit plans on 180g found out the floor in the double wide I'm in can't hold it so I'm stuck wit the 75g till I move in a year and half
Bought it at 2-3" ... It's now 15" as soon as it hits 18" I will have to ditch him sadly:( cause that's how wide my tank is ... I say another 2 months tops he grows like a damn weed .... I have picked him off the floor at least 7 times in the 8 months I've had him

Rachel.Cody

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
How did your lap wind up settling in on the garnet, Cody?
Shes looking pretty good. Ill see if i can get you a picture today. It varies day to day if she wants to be all sand or not lol. My del likes to kick sand on everyone swimming at the side of the tank.

Sent from my SM-G900P using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
We'll I got him wit plans on 180g found out the floor in the double wide I'm in can't hold it so I'm stuck wit the 75g till I move in a year and half
Bought it at 2-3" ... It's now 15" as soon as it hits 18" I will have to ditch him sadly:( cause that's how wide my tank is ... I say another 2 months tops he grows like a damn weed .... I have picked him off the floor at least 7 times in the 8 months I've had him

Bummer. I would definitely hold onto him for you until you until you could get a bigger set up if you were closer. The 180 is about to be vacant. You could always reinforce under the floor. Four stacks of cinder blocks and two 4x4's would be less than $30 in my area.

Definitely post some pics Cody. I'm ordering my Garnet tonight I think.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store