fish room work in progress

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
So no picture updates. The rest of the house is finished and the fiance and I will be moving in a week (not the fish). The fish room will be finished over the next month. I talked with the plumber and he is going to put a third zone on our furnace with a I think a 12 ft radiator in the fish room. He is also going to move the oven gas lines out of the room. I think I am going to have him put some valves on the cold water lines to make hooking up a drip system easier down the line.
The one think I am on the fence about and would like some input is putting in a floor drain. I would have to have the floor jack hammered to install and it would run to the sink where there would be a tank and pump to pump the water into the sink to drain. Definitely not a necessity and not cheap but think it would be worth it for draining tanks, drip system run off, dehumidifier runoff and of course when I make a mess with water (ie floods for any reason). input welcomed.

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
nothing exciting. just the water resistant insulated housing for the LED ceiling lights with gasket

Egon

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Tempe AZ
So no picture updates. The rest of the house is finished and the fiance and I will be moving in a week (not the fish). The fish room will be finished over the next month. I talked with the plumber and he is going to put a third zone on our furnace with a I think a 12 ft radiator in the fish room. He is also going to move the oven gas lines out of the room. I think I am going to have him put some valves on the cold water lines to make hooking up a drip system easier down the line.
The one think I am on the fence about and would like some input is putting in a floor drain. I would have to have the floor jack hammered to install and it would run to the sink where there would be a tank and pump to pump the water into the sink to drain. Definitely not a necessity and not cheap but think it would be worth it for draining tanks, drip system run off, dehumidifier runoff and of course when I make a mess with water (ie floods for any reason). input welcomed.
When I had a basement I ran everything to the sump. Fish water, dehumidifier water, everything. Then when that filled it all went outside to my trees and bushes. I don't remember if it smelled though? I was 16, this was a LONG time ago. Do they still have sumps in basements lol???

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
Lol i actually do have a sump with two pumps in it but its on the opposite side of the basement

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
So the fiance and I finally moved into our house and I got reunited with some old friends

Also now that the rest of the house is finished the focus is on the basement.
They finished insulating the room. The plastic liner is up and most of the sheet rock has been placed

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store