Fishing Season 2k15!!!!!!!!!!!!!

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Oh weird haha. Crankbaits usually have a great hookup rate, atleast for me, and i kind seem to hook anything with spinnerbaits haha. You should definetly try some rubber lures too.
Yeah I plan on doing some big rubber swimbaits for Musky this fall, maybe tip a few jerkbaits with with rubber tails for pike too.

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Yeh you guys have some interessting musky stuff in the USA. Have you ever seen the brand Svartzonker?
No I've never heard of it. I really want to try some of those Westin swimbaits but they don't sell them in the U.S. :(. An acquaintance of mine makes custom jerk, swim, and glidebaits for musky though so I'll be buying a few off of him soon :).

Karl K

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denmark
No I've never heard of it. I really want to try some of those Westin swimbaits but they don't sell them in the U.S. :(. An acquaintance of mine makes custom jerk, swim, and glidebaits for musky though so I'll be buying a few off of him soon :).
Are you talking about the Westin Swim swimbait/jerkbait?
Its a good bait, my friend got a 106cm pike on the 10cm version and we have gotten lots of pike on both the small and big one. Next time your in a fishing shop look for Svartzonker, its ABU but designed by special guy called Claes Claesson and it should be very good. I have only gotten a chance to try out the McRubber softbait he has done and its good. Do you guys have stuff like Savage Gear, just curious, they do these rubber eels called Real Eel that are great. You can get them in a 30cm version that only weighs like 50 grams unrigged but big profile in the water, like a huge grub. If you wanna watch some cool fishing videoes, mostly pike however they also quite alot of zander, and perch, some trout and cod, and just a bit of everything, they also do some musky fishing and bass, but rarely, Kanalgratisdotse is a great channel on youtube. Big brands like StrikePro, Svartzonker / Abu and stuff come there and do shows, its a swedish channel so some videoes are swedish most english, you might like it. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwTrHPEglCkDz54iSg9ss9Q

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Are you talking about the Westin Swim swimbait/jerkbait?
Its a good bait, my friend got a 106cm pike on the 10cm version and we have gotten lots of pike on both the small and big one. Next time your in a fishing shop look for Svartzonker, its ABU but designed by special guy called Claes Claesson and it should be very good. I have only gotten a chance to try out the McRubber softbait he has done and its good. Do you guys have stuff like Savage Gear, just curious, they do these rubber eels called Real Eel that are great. You can get them in a 30cm version that only weighs like 50 grams unrigged but big profile in the water, like a huge grub. If you wanna watch some cool fishing videoes, mostly pike however they also quite alot of zander, and perch, some trout and cod, and just a bit of everything, they also do some musky fishing and bass, but rarely, Kanalgratisdotse is a great channel on youtube. Big brands like StrikePro, Svartzonker / Abu and stuff come there and do shows, its a swedish channel so some videoes are swedish most english, you might like it. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwTrHPEglCkDz54iSg9ss9Q
Yeah, I'm not sure what the name of the series is but it's the Mike the Pike and Tommy the Trout swimbait and I think there's a few other models as well. I've never seen that channel but I'll check it out. As far as Euro fishing channels I mainly watch Underwater Ireland and Kanal Gratis.

Karl K

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denmark
Yeah, I'm not sure what the name of the series is but it's the Mike the Pike and Tommy the Trout swimbait and I think there's a few other models as well. I've never seen that channel but I'll check it out. As far as Euro fishing channels I mainly watch Underwater Ireland and Kanal Gratis.
That channel is Kanal Gratis haha. Oh Mike The Pike, got the roach and the pike in that series today, will try them out.

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
That channel is Kanal Gratis haha. Oh Mike The Pike, got the roach and the pike in that series today, will try them out.
Let me know how they work for you! I love watching the strike videos for them on Underwater Ireland's page :)

fish_sauce

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 24, 2009
Taiwan
What other species do you catch in your region?
I grew up in California, and really just started fishing here not too long ago. Up until a few months ago, I had no idea there are snakeheads 10 minutes from where I live in Taipei, Taiwan. So, I find out new things as I fish.
From what I know, there are peacock bass and giant snakeheads farther south. I will be taking a trip in the near future hopefully. In the ocean, there are GT's, barrumundi, a smaller species of tarpon, mullet, and other species that I don't know the names to. Other freshwater species are bighead/silver carp, black carp, all sorts of assorted native chubs and dace, tilapia, invasive cichlids of all sorts, couple species of walking catfish, plecos, mahseer, predatory carp, and all sorts of invasives. I think there are more invasives than native fish. There's also largemouth bass. However, I have absolutely no interest in catching a bass. Having caught bass all my life, I'd rather fish for something new.
I have only caught a few species of fish here. I'm still trying to figure where and how to catch each species. First on my wishlist would be giant snakeheads followed by peacock bass.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store