1100G ~ Finally!

8usmickey

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 13, 2012
NY
Best thing to do is use ms222 tranquilizer powder. Makes the fish very sleepy. Just scoop and dump in new tank

Reactions: mrrobxc

knobhill

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
IN A PLACE
i move my big cats with a big rubber net... ive had cats blow right through bags. used pillow cases before in a pinch...which dont work well. but a nice sized rubber net is what u need. not the mesh with rubber coating as the cats arms will get stuck. their often expensive but worth every penny.
I have a rubber net and I don't think it will be large enough to grab the Niger cat. Lol. If I got a bigger net it wouldn't fit through the openings.

Best thing to do is use ms222 tranquilizer powder. Makes the fish very sleepy. Just scoop and dump in new tank
. This is an intriguing option. Where can I find more info and a supplier of this?

Nice looking FRT, too!
. I have no idea what you are talking about.

knobhill

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
IN A PLACE
Wet Whiskers recommends a silk koi net. She had monster cats. Actually, it was Zenzzo in post #252 who recommended it

p://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/posts/3625577/
Thanks Pacu Mom. That is probably the ticket. There are a lot of koi stores around me so I may be able to borrow/rent one since this is a one-time thing.

I plan on moving the fish in the 480g first. I will probably start with the wide bar silver dollars since they are the most durable and will help with the cycling of the 1100. I do plan on moving an fx5 from the 480 to the 1100 as well as some pond matrix that lives in the sump.

KNH

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2005
OH...IO
I moved a 3' Niger as well as several other monsters with a rubber net. Worked fine but be prepared to get wet :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store