1100G ~ Finally!

knobhill

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
IN A PLACE
image.jpg image.jpg

Thanks everyone for your support and ideas. Here are some pics of progress!

The tank had some serious scratches but I have seen worse before. I started with 220 grit and slowly moved my way up to 3500 then novus 3 and 2. The blue pieces of masking tape helped me see where I started with 220. The entire inside took me about 4 hours to complete.

Reactions: HardBodyBullies1

pacu mom

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
northern CA
Looking good! The scratches are on the outside? I have 1 - 2" scratches on the inside of the tank. My boys have gnarly teeth. Only way to get inside scratches is to ram the acrylic with their faces.

What did you use for the background? Does it wrap around the right side?

knobhill

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
IN A PLACE
I forgot to mention that I cut new tile for the bottom and the background. Used ecobond heavy duty to adhere the tile to the acrylic, that stuff is great!

knobhill

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
IN A PLACE
Looking good! The scratches are on the outside? I have 1 - 2" scratches on the inside of the tank. My boys have gnarly teeth. Only way to get inside scratches is to ram the acrylic with their faces.

What did you use for the background? Does it wrap around the right side?
Scratches were on the inside, the outside of the tank is in good shape. I have been blessed that none of my fish scratch my acrylic tanks, including all my big plecos in the 350g.

The background is an interlocking porcelain floor tile from Lowe's. Because the tank is so large, it is difficult to get a good full tank shot. There are triangle overflows in each corner. Each side has 2 returns and 1 intake. The other intake is capped. I used a diamond hole saw to cut the tiles to make them fit.

jwh

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2015
south ****holia
Wow! Epic tank, good luck with this project!

knobhill

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
IN A PLACE
Gotta love Sunday's. The fx5s are plumbed in. I also got the materials for aquascaping. The idea is to blend architectural elements into the decor. A work in progress. Here are a couple of progress pics.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store