Credit where its due

fuzzlebug

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2014
scotland
All too often do we see and hear about a fish or fishes being mistreated, whether it's too small a tank with no plans to upgrade, bad water parameters or keeping species together that just shouldn't be together, and that makes most of us upset, angry and really brings the morale down. However after a lot of reading and really getting back into this site(I'll admit I haven't been on here as frequently as I used to) iv noticed a lot of you guys out there really stepping up and going the extra miles for your fish, and its truly inspiring. So this thread is here for all to come and share stories of themselves and others they know going the extra mile for the fish, and don't be modest about yourselves, if you did something your proud of for you fish, lets hear it, its time to celebrate the good stories and forget the bad ones, if for a little bit.
Also I know there's an award nominations section, this isn't for that, this is just a little self appreciation and showing that we as a community care about the good others are doing, however small.
So let's hear some of the good stuff:)

Reactions: Empyreal

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Got to give some credit to D davenmandy for his 700 gallon plywood build and millerkid519 millerkid519 for all the help he provided in the aquarium build. It's coming along great, nice work boys

Reactions: bacon and fuzzlebug

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
bacon bacon and his gar.

Reactions: bacon and fuzzlebug

bacon

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2005
The gym
Thanks guys. Hopefully this recent health issue is overcome. I've owned him since 1998.

Reactions: DN328

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
have fun with the off topics while watching to see if there is something I can help some one with. thats what the sight is to me, and thanks to the folks that help me to keep you and me entertain in between.

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
On the topic of the thread, the only thing I can think of relatively recently; was having to face the fact that my corner tank just isn't suitable for an Oscar fish, which I'd aspired to own for quite a number of years.

Was pretty gutting, given the hassle of acquiring and redoing the tank with an oscar at the front of my wish list; and even having an oscar for about 7 months or so. He got to about 6/7 inches and even then dwarfed the tank :( He's in a much bigger tank with another owner now. Would have been easy to keep him, making lame excuses about the tank being adequate; while watching him sit with no room to swim, getting multiple water changes all week.

Still aspire though once i swap out for a bigger, longer tank :p

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
There are too many people to thank, some of which who dont frequent these boards anymore...

HarleyK HarleyK and a bunch of other members who gave me advise when i got first got into planted tanks...

Pufferpunk Pufferpunk for showing me a lot of in's and out's for puffer care...

888fish 888fish and the other polyuranadon keepers for helping me discover there is a such a thing as a true freshwater eel and its not just a myth...

And im sure the list goes on, but cant remrmber everyones names, although im sure you all know who you are that have helped :)

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Gotta show some appreciation for ragin_cajun ragin_cajun millerkid519 millerkid519 DN328 DN328 Lusus_Naturae Lusus_Naturae slippery slimecoat slippery slimecoat Woefulrelic Woefulrelic for helping me with my idiotic and endless sump questions.

Rocksor Rocksor Aquanero Aquanero @RD for helping me save a couple of fish.

Dr.B Dr.B and duanes duanes for hping me learn about species and im interested in

D deeda soupa2 soupa2 for basically setting up my 2262 when i first got it

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store