divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Better watch out for Mercury poisoning dude, that's a lot of Trout to be eating! Just kidding, of course :).

I did pretty well last night myself, 3 for 5 on the fly rod on streamers I tied 10 minutes before I left. Also located a ~23-24" Brown I'll be hunting every chance I get until I don't see it anymore.

image.jpeg

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Nice fish! Looks like he's got some size to him.
Yeah he's not a bad sized tench prob 3-4 pound , it's out of the pond behind my house there's huge 6-7 lb ones in there.
I'm always after the carp in there but when I get bored I stick another rod out to catch the tench and bream

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Better watch out for Mercury poisoning dude, that's a lot of Trout to be eating! Just kidding, of course :).

I did pretty well last night myself, 3 for 5 on the fly rod on streamers I tied 10 minutes before I left. Also located a ~23-24" Brown I'll be hunting every chance I get until I don't see it anymore.

View attachment 1182428
I freeze them in water in a ziplock bag and they last all year but ....I keep trout only from Opening day until 2-3 weeks into May, after that it seems that recreationally caught trouts get soft and bitter as the water warms up. These guys will probably go into the smoker, I have 10 or so from early season w/ nice firm flesh from 50F water if I want to throw something in a frying pan or the oven

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Got another 6 for the stringer today, released 1 and missed 2. Took the Mom w/ me and she got 3 and I got 4.....2 on Rebel Crickhopper and the rest on Garlic-scented Powerbait doubledips again, didn't take pictures, it was 9PM when we finally got home and I was cleaning fish in the dark. Ended up getting 2 Brooks @ 11" on my lure, a male and a female, and 4 Rainbows 13", 13.5" and Mom got the 2 bigger ones at 14" and 14.5". Fish seemed rather lazy today, despite inhaling every hook, the Brooks fought 5x harder than the much heavier Rainbows. Not sure what flies are abundant right now, but they were a very dark color, mostly black and fairly large.....lots of fish taking them off the surface. I guess since I stop keeping trout after the 3rd or 4th week of May, I'll break out the Flyrod and practice up and just catch-and-release, depending on how aggressive the Bass and Flatheads are this month. I want a 50-pounder this year

blindkiller85

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2013
Orlando, FL
Not a bad 2 hours of fishing yesterday. First cast got a 5.0. 5th cast was 2.10 and last cast was 2.13. Also saw a huge ball of catfish fry that I so wanted to grow out and release lol

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Some highlights from the past few days. Erie was windy (20-33 mph) all weekend so we just fished the docks in our marina for Sunfish, Perch, Bass, etc. Also hit the local lake in SWPA yesterday with dry flies for Sunfish. Below is a 16" LMB, 15" Black Bullhead (new species for me and best fight of the weekend), an 8" Yellow Perch, and a nice Hybrid Sunfish (Pumpkinseed X Green) for Anthony Nolet Anthony Nolet .

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Anthony Nolet

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2012
Oregon
Some highlights from the past few days. Erie was windy (20-33 mph) all weekend so we just fished the docks in our marina for Sunfish, Perch, Bass, etc. Also hit the local lake in SWPA yesterday with dry flies for Sunfish. Below is a 16" LMB, 15" Black Bullhead (new species for me and best fight of the weekend), an 8" Yellow Perch, and a nice Hybrid Sunfish (Pumpkinseed X Green) for Anthony Nolet Anthony Nolet .

View attachment 1183451

View attachment 1183452

View attachment 1183453

View attachment 1183454
You know me so well. That bullhead is a beast

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store