Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
What'dya got in the pond?
Assorted sunfish, channel cats, large mouth, and three triploid grass carp. In the other we have small mouth, bluegills, a few larger channels, and a snapping turtle. We had an otter but he was disposed of properly this winter.

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Had a nice tench tonight on my new 9ft stalking rod :) View attachment 1182293 View attachment 1182294
COOL, EURO-FISH!!

Assorted sunfish, channel cats, large mouth, and three triploid grass carp. In the other we have small mouth, bluegills, a few larger channels, and a snapping turtle. We had an otter but he was disposed of properly this winter.
U got rid of the Otter but you kept the Snappping turtle?? What is "disposed of properly"?

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
U got rid of the Otter but you kept the Snappping turtle?? What is "disposed of properly"?
Trapped and skinned then sold, he put a nice $100 bill in my pocket. If I have a day or two this summer the turtle will be removed from the pond as well.

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Trapped and skinned then sold, he put a nice $100 bill in my pocket. If I have a day or two this summer the turtle will be removed from the pond as well.
I can't imagine why anyone would actually WANT to kill an Otter. Interactions w/ them in the wild are entrancing and magical.

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
I can't imagine why anyone would actually WANT to kill an Otter. Interactions w/ them in the wild are entrancing and magical.
It was eating all the fish and paying to have a pond restocked and have to grow out all the fish that were just getting to a good size are the targets of the otters. Otters are fun animals but there's a fine line between pests and wildlife that is allowable.

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
It was eating all the fish and paying to have a pond restocked and have to grow out all the fish that were just getting to a good size are the targets of the otters. Otters are fun animals but there's a fine line between pests and wildlife that is allowable.
I know people do it all the time, but I couldn't.....I'd hate myself if I killed an otter

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
I know people do it all the time, but I couldn't.....I'd hate myself if I killed an otter
Who knows, maybe I'll get to be a bigger chump in my old age and embrace tree hugging.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store