RIP to my Monster Armatus

greenerinks

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2014
Shanghai, China
Cloudy eyes and started swimming in an imbalanced manner. It’s very hard to treat especially with a tank with stingrays as well. I couldn’t just load a ton of salt either. I just did water changes every 12 hours and heated up the water as much I could which isn’t easy with a large body of water.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

keepinfish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2007
In God We Trust
Cloudy eyes and started swimming in an imbalanced manner. It’s very hard to treat especially with a tank with stingrays as well. I couldn’t just load a ton of salt either. I just did water changes every 12 hours and heated up the water as much I could which isn’t easy with a large body of water.
that sucks, sounds typical, that is what we have all seen when they get large, eventually get cloudy eyes and start swimming upside down and cannot get balanced.

greenerinks

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2014
Shanghai, China
Ahhhh so this has been an common occurrence for large armatus in captivity?? It was doing so well though, hitting defrosted loaches intensely which was way healthier than large live feeders. Oh well, I’ll update this again when I finish getting her taxidermied.

Reactions: Matteus

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
Ahhhh so this has been an common occurrence for large armatus in captivity?? It was doing so well though, hitting defrosted loaches intensely which was way healthier than large live feeders. Oh well, I’ll update this again when I finish getting her taxidermied.
What fish are you left with? Any wolves, ATF, etc?

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Sorry to hear bro. Sucks to keep getting your fish large and then having such accidents

greenerinks

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2014
Shanghai, China
As of right now, my fish stock has dwindled down significantly. I do not have any more characins until I have more time to rebuild. Downsized on the stock over the years. I recently lost my Channa diplogramma which was also around this same size along with my RTGG and wild Columbian Oscar. Right now what’s left is a pair of chain marble motoro stingrays, Golden RTC, Golden albino clown knife, FRT, endli bicher, blackberry SD, and a solo Rhombeus.

fishtankphil

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 24, 2014
USA
I lost 2 armys the same way. One day out of the blue the biggest of the 2 at 12" started to lose its balance and stopped eating. Eyez clouded up too. Got to the pt where it was practically lying on the sand at certain pts. I took it out and hit it with vet grade meds with no luck. 2 wks later the sm one at 10" did the same thing amd eventually died too. Nothing changed in the tank. I was wondering if feeding silversidea was the issue since its a marine fish. When i kept them on live rosies all was fine. Grew them from 2" to the sizes i mentioned in 6 mnths of power feeding live til theu got to 8" each then put them on dead foods. I am left clueless on this situation and i waz not able to get any info on this. I asked all kinds of people and nobody can tell me anything.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
The cloudy eyes and imbalance seems to point to poisoning or toxic buildup, which never makes sense to me, I mean what's poisoning them ? Still remains a mystery

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store