Search results

1. A

ID Help

looks like one, how big is he? He definitely isn't showing much red yet though, it looks big enough to where it should be... can't recall seeing one with the lateral spots like that though but maybe those will fade... I guess I honestly have no idea what it is other than it has a whole lot of...
  2. A

If you use a Python Water Change system, then I have a question for you..

I turn my filters off and leave them full of water, prevents having to prime them again anyways. I let my new water and conditioner sit for about 45 minutes before turning them back on. I think it really only takes a few minutes for the chemicals to be nuetrilized but I let it go a longer for...
  3. A

My understanding is that it is only dangerous to your bacteria... Granted I wouldn't put a fish in a pool, but your tap water is not nearly as concentrated with chlorine and the nuetralizing agents work pretty quickly from what I can tell. I have never had any fish issues with the way I do it...
  4. A

As far as cleaning your media in tap water, it is dependant on your water. Well water or water very low in chlorine/chloramine you are fine to do so. Back when I had well water I loved it for that reason, never had to do anything to it and never had problems.
  5. A

I just turn my filters suck the water out, put declorinator and fill it back up and let it sit for 45 minutes or so before turning back on the filters. When cleaning filter media I just use aquarium water drained into a bucket so I do not kill the beneficial bacteria...
  6. A

Cycling new tank

I for several of us are very confused do you mean a bala shark? http://www.tropicalfishandaquariums.com/Sharks/BalaShark1.JPG Goldfish from an LFS are generally disease ridden and goldfish are in general about the worst fish possible for water quality and cycling. I would be more cocerned...
  7. A

Arowana with Exodons

If he just sits there the Exos probably will nip at him. They are used to eating fins and scales of larger fish to survive. So I either see him getting nipped at or stressed from having to constantly swim away from them, or eating them because he can. It seems like a pretty big risk when you...
  8. A

Arowana with Exodons

Maybe not, but I would think it wouldn't take long for the arro to gulp down a distracted exo. Would definitely be cool if it worked though
  9. A

Which should I do next? Managuense or Haitiensis?

Haitiensis are stunning if you ask me. I got some Juvies once and had six in a 125. I however, did not have much luck. One outgrew the others and demolished them and then he died himself despite my best efforts to feed him a lower protein diet and doing smaller water changes every third day :( I...
  10. A

Andinoacara Fry

I hate it when I do stupid things like confuse my own fishes names :( Aquidens Latifrons probably spelling it wrong now, to boot...
  11. A

need stocking ideas for a 90g.!!!

Check the Marketplace on here and see who has them. You could always try a pleco. Depends on the fish but if it's not seen as threat he may be left alone. Trimacs in my experience are some of the must outgoing unafraid (towards people) cichlids I have ever kept but they can also be brutal when...
  12. A

Andinoacara Fry

I have finally decided to grow out some of these fry. It's about their 5th time breeding. Wanted to see if anybody would be interested in picking some up from Indianapolis, IN. I am moving soon and don't want to set up more tanks to house them but I have them in a 29 gallon now. Unfortunately I...
  13. A

need stocking ideas for a 90g.!!!

Gotta love a Trimaculatus. Personally anyways. Pictures don't do them justice to how amazing they are in person. Definitely no tank mates though and plenty of water changes. If you do go that route, go with a reputable dealer so you don't get a hybrid that looks like one and be prepared when you...
  14. A

Hi there, it has been a while.

We all have differences, that what makes the world such an interesting place :) Glad to see you're still around though!
  15. A

Hi there, it has been a while.

Oh I know this an old thread but I was doing the same Levi. Give me a shout sometime on here and send me your number or something. Miss staying up until 4 in the morning with a breathalizer.....
  16. A

what the heck is this? doesn't look like most of the viejas i'm used to seeing...

Trimacs do have spangling ..... The top one could very well be a trimaculatus as well that is stresses a little bit as therese of him is faded and his bars are showing. Just because a trimaculatus has pretty colors on it does not make it a flowerhorn. .. Either way those 3 all look close enough...
  17. A

what the heck is this? doesn't look like most of the viejas i'm used to seeing...

+1 most definitely not a Mayan or festae. Don't know much about rose queens or hybrids though but to me it looks more influenced by amphilophus trimaculatus, which is not part of a rose queen. Main reason I reply though is just curious which one you bought it from. I live in indy as well and...
  18. A

Geo's water parameters

Right on thanks for the input guys.
  19. A

Geo's water parameters

Looking for some thoughts on my setup from somebody with similar water parameters and experience with geo's.* *I was thinking of getting some geophagus*dicrozoster and*sp. ‘red head Tapajos’. The only concern I really have is my water parameters. Indianapolis tap water is quite hard the...
  20. A

Finished the FH display tank

WOW that looks fantastic man. the dark gravel makes him stand out so well. Beautiful fish. hmm I see you've done rearranging also. I'll have to come over sometime and check it out with some beers and steaks
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store