Search results

1. R

Ever hear of mom eating her pups?

Had it happen at least twice. Lost a total of four pups. They are generally born at night so, it is tough to tell how many I could have lost over the years. Colin
  2. R

Hystrix Male 1/23/11

Nice ray. Colin
  3. R

Fluidized bed filter,good on ray tanks?

I have had great success with them in the past. Colin
  4. R

Ray ID

DW... Scobina. I had a few in my life. The rows of short, conical tail spines are a dead giveaway. Colin
  5. R

Official Hystrix I.D. Thread

Love seeing all of these histrix. Great stuff! Spotfin....they look great. Colin
  6. R

Stingray talk: Michigan: April

I believe Erica is the curator of Amazon fish at the Shedd. She knows her stuff. For those of you that are not familiar with Jim Langhammer, he knows a thing or two about rays as well. Colin
  7. R

Pearl pup stock

They look incredible. Nice job Mike! Colin
  8. R

Rapps Mables!!

Great looking marbles. Colin
  9. R

Hystrix from Jeff Rapps

Great rays. Colin
  10. R

New Ray Pond

I had a very similar pond for several years. Please be prepared.....you will end up with a hole in your liner and water on the floor. The rays either chew threw it (at the seams in the corners) or a spine gets shoved through it. I had to replace the liner every two years. Colin
  11. R

Design a ray trap

David, Great idea! Your thoughts and wisdom have been missed. Colin
  12. R

need an ID please..

Scobina also have multiple rows of tail spines. From the pictures, I would say that this is not a scobina. Colin
  13. R

my favourite sp pair

I have absolutely no idea what those are. Colin
  14. R

Tiny lovely discoveries.

A huge congratulations! Colin
  15. R

Same Batch Different Fathers

It has been proven with nurse sharks. To DW's point, there are good theories out there but, no real evidence. Colin
  16. R

best buy for bulk salt?

Why would you need to buy salt in bulk? Commercial breeders may have a reason. If you need that much salt, you have bigger problems. Colin
  17. R

Another female ray

SWEET! Colin
  18. R

Update on Marbles

Those are phenomenal. Colin
  19. R

how much would you pay for this ray ?

$600 - $800 USD. That is a large ray that has a very nice pattern. It would be an instant breeder. Colin
  20. R

New pond, New leaf, All natural (almost)

I couldn't agree with you more. The plastic tubs are not much to look at. The only problem with the liners is that they will leak. It is not if, it is just a matter of when and how much. Colin
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store