Search results

1. M

FS 300 gallon glass tankw/ stand and fx5 93514 Deliver or pick up

my 340 gallon tank takes 4 people to move it around (lift lower, and move side to side) easily, although me and my brother lowered it from the stand ourselves (2 people) it was 4x4x3 and was 1" thick acrylic with 1.5" thick eurobracing on the top, we figured it was 250-300lbs dry. my brothers...
  2. M

New Grass Pikerel! (pics!)

ive got three of them i got from brian zimmerman on nanfa.org, i had four of them and my 7" grass pickerel jumped out at night and i found him the next morning. i still havent covered the tank but i need to very badly, i was feeding them one day and a feeder was at the top of the water and the...
  3. M

180 gallon setup (Columbus, ohio)

so close and tempting, id love to upgrade from a 125 to a 180, but i dont have that kinda cash. now if you wanted a 125 gallon setup and some cash i could work a deal, your about 2.5 hours away. ive got two 125's and a 90 gallon that has a DIY overflow and setup for salt water, ive got fish...
  4. M

Just Ordered!

not sure why, but mine are by far the most aggressive fish in the tank, if i drop the feeders in, even if the pickerel's bellys are swollen from food, they attack the feeders so fast the small mouth bass has no idea whats going on, he's starting to speed up, but my sunfish just sit back and...
  5. M

Junk tanks. How do you get rid of them?

i used two broken 55 gallon tanks to build a custom 55 gallon tank, it measures, 48" long, 20.5" front to back, and 12" tall, it is a great frag tank for salt water, or a good river tank or holding tank. right now its keeping my feeders alive. i used two bottoms, two end pieces, and one of...
  6. M

My DIY 55 gallon river or frag tank, custom sized

dont really have a clue yet, im just letting it run, its got tank water from a tank already setup, and the filter is from the same tank. i built this to be a frag tank for my brother since he sells corals, but he's remodeling his home and doesnt have room for it right now. ive still gotta...
  7. M

My DIY 55 gallon river or frag tank, custom sized

First off, thanks for all the help ive recieved from this place, i did alot of reading and decided to make the best of having two 55 gallon tanks that were in need of repair. What you see in the pictures is a tank with the footprint: 48" long, x 12" tall, x 20.5" front to back. its the size...
  8. M

WTB: wild caught florida pleco's as many as you can send me as cheap as possible.

nevermind, worked out a better shipping price via priority shipping, looks like ill be taken care of. thanks for anyone who viewed my thread. matthew
  9. M

WTB: wild caught florida pleco's as many as you can send me as cheap as possible.

ok im editing my reply, im going to PM a couple of you guys later. my first offer was $25 for 50 of them 2" or less, but the $48 shipping to me was steep, i dont care if they are overnighted to me, two day would probably work fine, but my last fish shipment was just shipped USPS priority and...
  10. M

What are some cool cold water south american freshwater fish?

you cant really tell me that southern argintina, or chile, which is just north of the south pole, is warm. in know paraguay gets as low as the upper 50's in the winter time there, (atleast the air temps do) there has to be some kinda cool fish in the colder climates, the sunfish and darter...
  11. M

Mud puppies? Anyone know?

i can get mudpuppies here all day long, but they are always 1-3" long, ive never seen a large one, but i know they get quite large. not sure if your still looking for one or not, but im also not sure if it would survive shipping from here to there, probably would though. i have not looked...
  12. M

im interested in some wild caught pleco's from florida, i hear they can be caught in the hundreds, if not thousands with a net in some canals in florida, so im curious if anyone on the forum can get me some, last time petland had a sale on pleco's i got 12 of them for 99 cents each, only one...
  13. M

What are some cool cold water south american freshwater fish?

ive seen some awsome north american cold water natives, and i keep a cold water tank, but ive never really seen a cold water south american tank, im sure in south chile,and argintina there have to be some cold water species, they are not far from the south pole, so im sure the temps are cold...
  14. M

can salvani, and texas cichlids cross?

ive got 3 texas cichlids in my tank, and two salvani's yesterday one of the texas's changed colors he's almost white in the front, and black in the back, and he's been circling around a salvani female. im wondering if they are able to cross breed? matthew
  15. M

Does Anyone Own a Pike? Not the tropical but N.American/European

ive got 4 grass pickerel in a 90 gallon tank, its far too small for 4 of them, ive had them for approx 6 months now, they were only 2" long when i got them, they are now 5-7" depending on which one your looking at. they are the most vicious minnow eaters ive ever seen. for this type of fish...
  16. M

Is it worth resealing?

shame your not closer, id trade off one of my 125's and maybe a 90 and 65 for a 300 gallon tank, im not tank poor by any means, but i have a concrete floor their stands can be sit on, i dont have to worry about weight load. matthew
  17. M

Having trouble sexing your cichlid??

im pretty sure he/she said get a picture of the vent area, posting pictures of their sides is not a good picture for sexing, you need to get a picture of the BOTTOM of the fish, that way you can see their vent. i wouldnt take a picture of a persons BACK and say is it a man or a woman! so...
  18. M

Easy Feeders To Breed?

if this is for large indoor fish, i recommend convicts as well, if its for outdoor fish, then i suggest getting about 100 gambusia and putting them in the pond, they will breed like guppies do, and get larger than guppies, provide a good meal in small portions. or you could add some longear...
  19. M

Northern pike care

you need around 1000-2000 gallons for a northern pike, and then hope it doesnt bust your tank, remember how large they get. matthew
  20. M

Help! New Grass Pickerel won't eat.

i keep my 4 grass pickerel in a tank with gambusia (the pickerel are about 2-3" right now) its a HEAVILY planted tank, with tons of cover and no heat at all, the tank stays 60-70* year round, on 90* days outside it gets upto 73-74 inside. matthew
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store