Mud puppies? Anyone know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dantedobe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2008
New Zealand
Gravel is fine as long as it is not too small, it'ss true they can die if they eat gravel with their food. Although ours eat from our hands and their food doesn't touch the gravel! We use biggish gravel from our river.

NotoriousSway

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2007
Muncie, IN
eternity302;2388020; said:
Can i just use those flourishing gravel that you can buy in a bucket from LFS?
I don't know what that is? As long as they can't fit it in their mouth, I think its OK.

Have you thought of sand (pool filter sand/silica sand)? I use it in my cichlid tanks, I love it it. It looks great and I think its more natural. Also its like $5 for a 50lbs bag, you just have to rinse it really good first. Just my 2 cents.

eternity302

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2008
Vancouver, Canada
Nothing will be at that price over where I live! I think we're rated 2nd highest in tax rate in the world! And 75% of the people are under poverty! things are extremely expensive!
A guppy is about $4-8
A redtail shark would cost about $10-$15
A oscar sums up to be $35-$100 for anything above 2inch!

That's how insane prices are over here!
An AC110 would cost maybe $70 in the states? over here.. AC110 is about $100! And our dollar is worth less!

eternity302

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2008
Vancouver, Canada
It's kind of like you're rich or you're poor! And i'm not saying BUM poor! I'm saying like it's hard to own things here!
It would cost you about $600k to own a 15-20 year old cheap one room apartment over here! at least for the city I live in! if u live further away, u might not get a good job, but u will have cheap living!
Yup, it's wierd.. I live in one of the most populated city in my area, and guess what, we only have 4 LFS!!!!!!!! and one of them are called Petcetera.. they NEVER have any fish! no one even goes there! They are specialized in sick fish! or why woud they always have specials like "buy 1 and get 2 free" LOL! it's pretty bad here!
That's why i'm trying to hard to find a mud puppy!
In 15 years of staring a fish at LFS with my dad traveling around since a kid... if my memory serves right, I've only seen a RTC ONCE!!!! and it wuz 2 weeks ago, it's my biggest regret that I did not pay that fortune to buy him! but then again... my tank won't be able to keep him for over a year LOL! he'll outgrow it!

macantley

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2008
south charleston WV
i can get mudpuppies here all day long, but they are always 1-3" long, ive never seen a large one, but i know they get quite large.

not sure if your still looking for one or not, but im also not sure if it would survive shipping from here to there, probably would though.

i have not looked for any mudpuppies for a while now but i did have a couple in my tanks, it is hard to get them to eat if there are any fish in the tank, ANYTHING will out compete them for food.

mine ended up getting eaten by my pictus cat's.

matthew

eternity302

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2008
Vancouver, Canada
OH GOD! I want one so bad now too! I wanna see how SLOW they can get!
There's NONE in sight anywhere.. I've looked through all 3 major cities by now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store