12" BUMBLEBEE GROUPER

fugupuff

M.A.N. Community Vendor
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2005
Fish Heaven
Ok, here I come:

1. winning an argument on the internet is like winning the special olympics "disclaimer"

2. my blog was my rant play ground, I'm not afraid to offend some people, but the point is unless you're a vegetarian, you're existence encroaches on the welfare of other beings, i.e. baby cow "veal", bacon "pig fat", eggs "sometimes chicken fetus, sometimes chicken period". And do you know what kind of lives they live? Google up Harris Ranch, one of the countries biggest cow producers...less than favorable conditions, that's right, "beef is whats for dinner tonight" .

3. fish keeping, I'm no better than anyone else on here, well maybe better than some, but not by much. Fish keeping is different for different people, for some its like a pet, they name their fish, and bury them when they die. Ultimately they want them to live longer than they would in the wild and grow fatter and bigger. Some people its all about breeding and husbandry. Some its for home decoration, something to talk about. Some its for status symbol to have what others don't have. Do you know how most tropical fish we see in the stores come about? They're bred in super crowded condition. Like betta, they're bred in coke bottles by the millions and shipped in 5 cc of water. You know how many thousands of cardinals and discus die from capture and transfer from fisherman, to holding facility, to export, to wholesaler, to local store to your tank? Probably 10:1 ratio for discus, and 100:1 for smaller tetras. So if you keep fish you're part of the problem, unless you collect and keep everything alive. In actuality, pollution, and commercial fishing kills thousands of times more fish than the aquarium hobby does.

4. I'm not a pioneer in doing this, but I've been studying this for a long time. Science is not very concrete and people understanding that certain fish need salt as they grow up is completely unsupported. As stated, many fish can go back and forth, some live in hypersaline states. and nowhere does it say they "must" move back or live in more or less salt to do well. What is the definition of well? going back to the last point, is it to the point of breeding? growing big, living long? looking pretty? eating well? Many fish actually eat less and have a shorter life span in the wild than they would in an aquarium. So for the grouper, Jeremy wade caught a 50 pounder miles up the river.,

5. in Australia there is a freshwater reservoir with Lutjanus argentimaculatus that lives and breeds there- so is that cruel? its a marine fish right? did you know alligator gars are actually found in the ocean in many places also? Look up Lake Taal, in Phillipines, there are actually Jacks, Caranx ignobilis and sexfaciatus that live and breed in a volcanic freshwater lake that got separated from the ocean.

6. again my point above many things are fluid, its not concrete like some people like to believe. Some thought the earth was flat once upon a time. As for cruelty, my experiment ended after 4 years of having a grouper, growing from 3" to about 28" and eating a datnoid almost chocking him to death, then moving him to a friends tank about 45 minutes away eventually led to his demise. He was kept together with clown loaches when he was younger. Plus as someone mentioned these are now grown for the table, which makes it even more reasonable to keep.

crenicichla444

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2013
Michigan
Ok, here I come:

1. winning an argument on the internet is like winning the special olympics "disclaimer"

2. my blog was my rant play ground, I'm not afraid to offend some people, but the point is unless you're a vegetarian, you're existence encroaches on the welfare of other beings, i.e. baby cow "veal", bacon "pig fat", eggs "sometimes chicken fetus, sometimes chicken period". And do you know what kind of lives they live? Google up Harris Ranch, one of the countries biggest cow producers...less than favorable conditions, that's right, "beef is whats for dinner tonight" .

3. fish keeping, I'm no better than anyone else on here, well maybe better than some, but not by much. Fish keeping is different for different people, for some its like a pet, they name their fish, and bury them when they die. Ultimately they want them to live longer than they would in the wild and grow fatter and bigger. Some people its all about breeding and husbandry. Some its for home decoration, something to talk about. Some its for status symbol to have what others don't have. Do you know how most tropical fish we see in the stores come about? They're bred in super crowded condition. Like betta, they're bred in coke bottles by the millions and shipped in 5 cc of water. You know how many thousands of cardinals and discus die from capture and transfer from fisherman, to holding facility, to export, to wholesaler, to local store to your tank? Probably 10:1 ratio for discus, and 100:1 for smaller tetras. So if you keep fish you're part of the problem, unless you collect and keep everything alive. In actuality, pollution, and commercial fishing kills thousands of times more fish than the aquarium hobby does.

4. I'm not a pioneer in doing this, but I've been studying this for a long time. Science is not very concrete and people understanding that certain fish need salt as they grow up is completely unsupported. As stated, many fish can go back and forth, some live in hypersaline states. and nowhere does it say they "must" move back or live in more or less salt to do well. What is the definition of well? going back to the last point, is it to the point of breeding? growing big, living long? looking pretty? eating well? Many fish actually eat less and have a shorter life span in the wild than they would in an aquarium. So for the grouper, Jeremy wade caught a 50 pounder miles up the river.,

5. in Australia there is a freshwater reservoir with Lutjanus argentimaculatus that lives and breeds there- so is that cruel? its a marine fish right? did you know alligator gars are actually found in the ocean in many places also? Look up Lake Taal, in Phillipines, there are actually Jacks, Caranx ignobilis and sexfaciatus that live and breed in a volcanic freshwater lake that got separated from the ocean.

6. again my point above many things are fluid, its not concrete like some people like to believe. Some thought the earth was flat once upon a time. As for cruelty, my experiment ended after 4 years of having a grouper, growing from 3" to about 28" and eating a datnoid almost chocking him to death, then moving him to a friends tank about 45 minutes away eventually led to his demise. He was kept together with clown loaches when he was younger. Plus as someone mentioned these are now grown for the table, which makes it even more reasonable to keep.
Exactly

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Empyreal

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
Ok, here I come:

#3 should be posted on homepage of MFK

Sent from my SM-G386T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store