Returning back to the Shark World with a new tank

L8braker

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2011
AVL, NC
Hey guys I have been gone for a year or two....however my local store just called me about a tank for sale locally. I have been looking for a 500+ tank at a decent price with no luck. Until yesterday that is! ;)

The tank is 8x6x3. It needs some polishing and a new stand. I will try to post up pics of my progress but here is the tank at home after a quick (20-1 water/bleach) clean up. I plan to start polishing this weekend.

Tank.JPG

Tank.JPG

FuriousFish

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
America

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
Rare to see tanks wider than 4'. Great find! Keep us updated with progress and have fun polishing that beast

Cu455

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2011
US
Awesome tank. I like the center overflow. This is just my opinion but don't put one of those fake coral inserts in there.

L8braker

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2011
AVL, NC
haha good spotting CU455 (CZ452 American threaded ;))

Zoodiver always glad to hear your input! Also open to your idea of occupants based on the size.

K so this tank is scratched up and holy crap is polishing it gonna take forever and elbow grease hahaha. I am using the Novus polish and porter cable orbital(yay for car detailing). I have done one pass on the entire outside and plan to finish the inside today. Once that is done I can start focusing on the heavier scratches. Also trying to find room for this bad boy in the house but looking like it may stay in the garage due to the weight(structural). Once that is decided I will start building the stand.

Fake coral insert not happening hahaha I was thinking of live rock around the overflow box, but haven't decided on the substrate yet. What is a good substrate that won't cloud up too much? Sand is ideal but in my last tank it clouded up easily.

tank2.JPG

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
Most excellent footprint :), how do the seams look up close, any separation or milky colored areas showing? May need a bit of glue also.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store