HOW TO INCREASE TEXAS CICHLID KOK,NUNCHAL HUMP

moodleymike

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2013
canada
how long till theyre fully grown and is there any way I can increase my males hump he does not have one and when do they form one

moodleymike

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2013
canada
hard to get any hes only like 2 or 3inches he has a female with him they laid eggs will the female help his hump

deuxe

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2013
Brooklyn
For a kok or nuchal hump it depends on genetics water quality and stress level. Crystal clear water healthy diet and dominance in the tank. Also other factors are involved too

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Mr.Manaconda

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Pics? May help us see his potential...I've seen some with no hump, some with good humps. That size may be tough to call.

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
They do not usually show the hump until mature, and yours are still very young, and they really start to show around 10"+.
It is also usually only a dominant male that will show.
Yours need to put on about 5 more inches before dominance factors come into play.
My dominant male carpintus just started to get a slightly stronger profile at about 7" back in July.

Same male in Oct, add an inch

moodleymike

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2013
canada
They do not usually show the hump until mature, and yours are still very young, and they really start to show around 10"+.
It is also usually only a dominant male that will show.
Yours need to put on about 5 more inches before dominance factors come into play.
My dominant male carpintus just started to get a slightly stronger profile at about 7" back in July.

Same male in Oct, add an inch
ok should I add other fish to help cause im worried when hes to big he may try to kill them but growing them up together they might get along

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store