• the 140 a love nest for bonita

Votes: 47 30.5%

• Total voters

chefjamesscott

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2008
regina saskatchewan canada
navy actually the art is from 2 students here i thought i should give them my walls as a canvas the third artist who will be gaining wall space is this person

www.robertolopezlopez.com i got a chance to speak with him and his is gonna do a series of aquaria themed interpretative things should look killer

im gonna bring some of my abstract brass work from an artist of the late 70's by the name of jebazio who did some killer work

casper thanks so much for the link guess what backdrops ill be getting now i love that site

when i do art i work with mainly watercolor an pencil

leah you are more than welcome to come by and the diggs is on me thanks so much for the complement i like to give my fish the best home that i can and i love the interaction with them

actually if any mfker is ever near here the food is on me would love to actually meet some of you in person

chefjamesscott

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2008
i would go with a uniform look but i went on a tank buying spree where basically i bought the tanks as they came along

and since this is a university campus 99% of the customers really just enjoy the tanks without caring about the unifromness of the look

chefjamesscott

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2008
as an aside note the zebra tilapia seems to have taken exception to having the iri sharks as tank mates so i moved bonita back into her own tank and went with plan 2 for the 140 i moved the hap 44 that i had put in bonitas old tank into my 100g community tank here and moved my bleekeri small spots from the 100g to the 140g ill post pics later

chefjamesscott

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2008
ok, I thought it was time for an update.

we have decided to go monster here with the tanks. I have located a 320g 10 footer that I am going to go get next weekend, while getting that tank from the guy I will be looking at his stock of breeding and personal line of fish as he is getting out of the hobby. He also has double stacked 180g and he has a crazy line of catfish and a very nice breeding frontosa colony and a breeding pair of moto ray. I have first dibs on these fish but will have to make another trip to get the 2 180 when the livestock have been sold but I will most probably bring back the frontosa colony

while in his city we are also picking up a 230g hartz fish tank that looks really cool

this weekend I am scheduled to pick up a custom made 150g

this all being said we will within a month or so have no tank smaller than 140g and the room should go like this east wall 180g 180g south wall 220g, 168g sw, 140g, 330g 180g 150g. I will have to get out the tape measure to make sure I utilize the space best but this is gonna be killer.

I will most definitely post pics as we do this

I am also starting to demo my basement for the fish room which will be nice but thats another thread

Here is a shot of the 168g that I picked up

the redo of the fish world here will take place a week or so from now will show the pics

chefjamesscott

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2008
ok so I will be updating with pictures tomorrow night or later

just finished the clean up of the 150(dimension 66x20x26) the dude was using it to raise a caiman and by his own word at the end of its life "I just threw in whatever bird or etc...., when you go through the gravel your gonna find some interesting skeletons!!". Not that I am gonna use the gravel, at any rate first big tank is now planted beside the 180g on the south wall.

The plans thus far are south wall, 330g, 150g, 180g replace 75g with the 140g rehome the 2 pacu from the 180g, the 3 iri sharks from the 140g and the 2 niger cats im pickin up to the 330g as well as quite a few of my other cats. Move the zilli tilapia and various africans from the 180g to the 150g, turn the 180g into a frontosa colony and the 140g will most likely have my grow out fry who are now juvi into it

K626

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2008
South FL
Impatiently awaiting the pics of this amazing place you call a restaurant......

:drool: I'm EXTREMELY jealous at this point because I can't even afford the 180 I would like to have, no less the 300 that I'm going to need in a few years lol.:screwy:

If you would, keep me on the list of people to get ahold of if you ever need to 'get rid' of any of those tanks.:D;):naughty:

chefjamesscott

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2008
well now the excitement is starting to set in

have a 6 foot 230g locked up , the 330g 10footer and possible lead on another 230 and 180

bus ticket in wallet 4 1/5 hour till go time we get into calgary at 630am will most definitely take my camera along gonna be a killer trip

closer to home

the other night I did a road trip to pick up a custom 150g here is the before an after pics

after

the very great sick an sad feeling of what it must have been like for the caiman who was living in here to have lived a short life only to die way before its time came to me as I was cleaning this

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store