• the 140 a love nest for bonita

Votes: 47 30.5%

• Total voters

chefjamesscott

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2008
regina saskatchewan canada
ok basically i took sunday off did my water test first thing today and they came in like this

the flash kinda washes them out but they both come in the light purple color that im looking for so i can put myfish in this afternoon ill replace the aquaclear media this weekend and the canister media next weekend

ill post pics of the fish goin in catchin the sharks is gonna be fun the biggest one is 15 inch

chefjamesscott

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2008
ok so it was time to get the move on first the iri sharks from the 180

then i transfered the other cats but did not take pics as i just netted them an went fast to put them in but here they are

then i took a few shots of the tank without an with flash

now the key is vigilant wc and daily water tests on the weekend i will replace the filter media in the aquaclear hob and next weekend i will replace the media in the canister

just wanted to do a photo thread showing how i fast track a tank

i have a few other cats at home in my gar tank that im gonna place in here as well will take a few pics of them in the transport container when it comes time to move them

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
chefjamesscott;2642295; said:
the pacu an sharks were rehomes from other peoples 55g and 33g i have a solution in the works provided i get approval from the city for my garage on my lot beside my house im gonna have a double good thing a garage to work on my old cars and a very nice 1000 sq foot year round greenspace with a 5000-7500g indoor pond
that will be awesome.. how about showing some of those old cars sometime... love old cars.. i have old oldsmobile and sold 1929 essex...love those sharks..

chefjamesscott

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2008
why yes fresh seafood is on the menu thats one of the buzz things that my tanks are for to give the nuance of good quality fish

tonight im here adding the final inhabitants to the tank which now makes for all my cats to be in this one tank

this is the only plec goin in this tank i got him from walmart for 2 bucks im sure hes a bristlenose as he has a line of barbles and these funny things that pop out the side of his head when you try to net him my camera could not get a clear shot

2 raphael cats , a pictus cat and 2 upsidedown cats

now im wondering if i could add my gar to this tank or would he have an issue with the way that the iri sharks move around so much im just wondering any feedback on that thought

doing my first wc of the next five tonight only issue with this method is the need to do consecutive wc for the next five-seven days almost 1 per day till filter media is renewed but for me the instant tank is worth it ill trade the 15 hours focus on this one tank for the first week for the bonus of the fish in in 3 days

chefjamesscott

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2008
ok so i been thinking for some time about my zebra tilapia and studying like heck all over the place to get a handle on this fish people tell me its supposed to be a monster but she does not exhibit any of the vicious stuff people say she should have and i found many references to people who actually had laid back fish of this type

so as i was debating on doing a catfish only tank the more i thought of it the more i came to the conclusion that my iri sharks exhisted without any agression since ive gotten them with green terror, oscars etc.... so i figured i could put bonita my tilapia in the new 140g with them and it should work nothing inthat tank should make her feel threatened so in she went today

also my bichir went in the other day as well

so the tank is pretty much stocked now i just gotta get my argonite substrate and it will be good to go

navygirl76

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2007
Ohio
www.flickr.com
chef-just wanted to say i love alot of the artwork you have on the walls-are you the artist? great tanks too!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store