Fishing season 2k14!!!!!!!!!!!!

NCStateFisher

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2010
NC
Haven't gotten it yet.

just looked and apparently my box was full so i couldn't send anything. well crap. if you are still down there I have a spot for you to try. If you are going southbound towards surf city you will see a kids playground on the right side of the road. There is a dock that goes well out in to the ICW in a perfect area. Hit it on a moving tide with live finger mullet or mud minnows on c-rigs and you will have a good chance at some nice redfish. The only fishing on the pier that has been decent has been the speckled trout bite in the early AM on seaview, slip cork rig and live shrimp have been the key

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
A quick respond would be appreciated to this if possible, thanks! Up at Erie again now and about to do some shore fishing in front of my cottage for catfish at night, chummed some dead shiners in my target area to attract them in if that works at all. Some quick backstory, I've been trying to catch any kind and any size of catfish in Lake Erie for the last 3 years and haven't ever had one, even targeting them in prime area at night with perfect bait! Last time about 2 months ago I tried for them some woman who'd never fished a day in her life put a tiny worm below a bobber and caught one in 5 minutes so I haven't tried again since then. I don't know why I can't catch them since I specialize in catching catfish in my local lakes and rivers and always catch a ton but it's like Erie is impossible to matter how many bait stores and people say they always catch tons of nice channels. So anyway what're some good tips for me tonight to try to catch at least one catfish since I'm cursed apparently?

crappiekeeper

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2012
The land of the pine
just looked and apparently my box was full so i couldn't send anything. well crap. if you are still down there I have a spot for you to try. If you are going southbound towards surf city you will see a kids playground on the right side of the road. There is a dock that goes well out in to the ICW in a perfect area. Hit it on a moving tide with live finger mullet or mud minnows on c-rigs and you will have a good chance at some nice redfish. The only fishing on the pier that has been decent has been the speckled trout bite in the early AM on seaview, slip cork rig and live shrimp have been the key
I'm actually leaving tomorrow morning. Fished off the pier last night. Caught about 50 baby sharks, 10 pinfish, and a cobia that was too small to keep. Went to the end of the island and caught a few small flounder and a ton of lizardfish. I'll upload pics when I get back to Raleigh.

NCStateFisher

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2010
NC
A quick respond would be appreciated to this if possible, thanks! Up at Erie again now and about to do some shore fishing in front of my cottage for catfish at night, chummed some dead shiners in my target area to attract them in if that works at all. Some quick backstory, I've been trying to catch any kind and any size of catfish in Lake Erie for the last 3 years and haven't ever had one, even targeting them in prime area at night with perfect bait! Last time about 2 months ago I tried for them some woman who'd never fished a day in her life put a tiny worm below a bobber and caught one in 5 minutes so I haven't tried again since then. I don't know why I can't catch them since I specialize in catching catfish in my local lakes and rivers and always catch a ton but it's like Erie is impossible to matter how many bait stores and people say they always catch tons of nice channels. So anyway what're some good tips for me tonight to try to catch at least one catfish since I'm cursed apparently?
first thing for channel cats.. don't fish at night! early morning and late evening until about an hour or two after dark. Carolina rig with fresh shrimp from the grocery store will take care of business. Bigger fish will take live baits readily

Cod

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2013
Michigan
idk if your state has it, but michigan has a weekly fishing report on our dnr page. Use refer to that if want ideas where the fish are at and what they are biting

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store