Jebao = Taking over the world with Cheap! low power usage pumps & Wave makers, look

vamptrev

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2007
Chesterfield MI
Wow very cool wish they had some bigger pumps though...

Anyone been running a submersible for a while now? How is it holding up?

Even if i ran 2 12000 pumps on each tank i would be saving energy. The head height scares me though

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Ian21777

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2012
England
What head are you likely to be running? If you don't know ill tell you the flow loss..

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Glad to hear. They have been great with me. So far mine have been running really well. And Trevor I figured the same if I was going to run my big tank I would just plumb two. I don't know if they will ever be as good as other head height wise but they will do the job.

Sent from the Monster Fish Keeping App

vamptrev

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2007
Chesterfield MI
Looks like i would only get about 2k gph at about 6' head height with the 12000

I would have to do almost 4 pumps to get the same flow i have now and it would equal about the same wattage as my big pump...

Linuxman

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2010
Terra pericolosa
I'm thinking about buying two Jebao WP-40, but does anyone know if the magnetic back-plate is submersible?

My tank is standing tight to the wall, so I'm wondering if I can put them (magnetic back-plate with the cord) in my centered overflow?

stempy

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2011
Galloway, OH
I'm thinking about buying two Jebao WP-40, but does anyone know if the magnetic back-plate is submersible?

My tank is standing tight to the wall, so I'm wondering if I can put them (magnetic back-plate with the cord) in my centered overflow?
I had 2 in my overflow box in saltwater, was just fine. Amazing pumps.

professor_rob

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
I bought a Waveline DC 10000 pump about 1 year ago. The pump itself has run very good but have had major issues with the power converter.
This was a first generation model I think. This was made worse as the dealer was not the most pleasant to deal with. Many Aussies probably know about this particular online store.

When I first installed the pump and just finished plumbing the pump in I turned on the unit and it worked for 2 seconds. Then nothing. Took it back and they swapped the converter. That worked for about 5 months. Then broke again. Swapped it as under warranty, new one lasted about same length before breaking. It was really poor quality, you could pull the converter apart without even trying. It was out of warranty so I went to Jaycar (elec shop) and bought a power converter that could handle up to 5 amps for au$120 :-(

Pump is running good now so I hope that the issues and reason it's so cheap is cause of the crappy power converter.

Pump itself is good, quiet and love the speed settings. Just something to be aware of.

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Just an update
its been 10 months and none of these pumps have given me any problems and they keep working just like new. So far I am super happy with them. I have 4 running at this moment. 1 at full power 2 at 3/4 power and 1 at 1/4 power running a 75 gallon tank. I say power but i mean speed/flow. Great buy in my opinion/ low power usage. Great flow

Sent from the Monster Fish Keeping App

Oscar Mike

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2010
CA
The DC 12000 is only $100 on fish-street.com right now, mine was just delivered a few days ago

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store