1 month salt/heat, ich won't die

Fish tank droid

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2017
First two weeks at 86f 1 teaspoon of salt p/gallon, then the last 16 days at 91.5f & 2 teaspoons of salt p/gallon, ich won't succumb to method, ich hasn't got out of control since discovery, I thought I was beating it since it had been 4 days since I last saw flashing & 6 days all fish spotless, but today found one spot each on 2 fish, have 12 fish total, why won't it die? Please help, I refuse having to use meds

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
increase salt to 3 teaspoons per gallon to acheve at least 3ppt of salt.

did you try measuring the temperature with a asomething else besides your current thermometer? what are you using to measure the temp?

Fish tank droid

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2017
I have a stick on wich I can't rely on for accuracy & a alcohol one that marks just below 92f, how long will the fish survive at 3 teaspoons p/gallon? Since currently over 2 weeks at 2 p/gallon

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
I have a stick on wich I can't rely on for accuracy & a alcohol one that marks just below 92f, how long will the fish survive at 3 teaspoons p/gallon? Since currently over 2 weeks at 2 p/gallon
Stick ons are not reliable. You need something in the tank to measure the temperature.

If your fish are not showing issues with salt at 2 tsp/gallon another couple weeks at 3 tsp/gallon shouldn't cause any issues.

Reactions: GamerChick5567

Fish tank droid

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2017
Stick ons are not reliable. You need something in the tank to measure the temperature.

If your fish are not showing issues with salt at 2 tsp/gallon another couple weeks at 3 tsp/gallon shouldn't cause any issues.
The alcohol one is inside the tank, away from heater & vertical touching gravel surface, I'll try 3 teaspoons p/gallon, I had all 3 bristlenose Plecos die within the last 2 weeks, I'm hoping the clown Pleco is still alive

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
The alcohol one is inside the tank, away from heater & vertical touching gravel surface, I'll try 3 teaspoons p/gallon, I had all 3 bristlenose Plecos die within the last 2 weeks, I'm hoping the clown Pleco is still alive
list what fish you have now.

I have had a common pleco in salt with no issues for ich treatment. The high temperature will reduce oxygen content in the water so the plecos could have also died from low oxygen level.

Clown plecos like to hide so I would find it first and make sure it is not stuck dead somewhere.

Reactions: GamerChick5567

Fish tank droid

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2017
1 male & female convict, 1 firemouth, 2 Jack Dempsey, 5 African cichlids, 1 eclipse catfish, 1 rainbow shark, 3 australian rainbow & well maybe 1 clown pleco

Fish tank droid

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2017
Hob filter penguin 350, water level been kept at 2" below outlets, 15 to 20% w/changes twice a week, I thought the salt killed the Plecos since they're the only deaths

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store