100 ways to kill a thread

yohan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 6, 2008
Philippines/Los angeles
Actually there is only 1 way: Asking how much he/she paid for their Flowerhorns. I've noticed often time when asked how much a flowerhorn was paid for, the OP stop replying. Why people don't want to share how much they spend on their flowerhorns? Just curious.
I'm not assuming everyone thinks this way but I'm sure some do. People won't tell you the price because if an FH bought from a high price did not grew up to its potential it would be embarrassing to the owner. Chances are the owner got rip-off or didn't have enough knowledge to grow the FH right.

FH are hybrids that's the truth why are some people denying it.

Lusus_Naturae

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2010
OK, USA
^there are different kinds of flowerhorn with different traits as well as different parental species. For your record, Rose Queen isn't a flowerhorn but completely different fish (basically same fish of Blood Parrot but just being normal without any deformities). Breeders spend great deal with flowerhorns to makes high quality flowerhorns and other popular hybrids.

Calling a flowerhorn a hybrid is like calling an oranda a goldfish.
What funny is I have to explain this concept to people all the time. Having both a flowerhorn and an oranda - wait, it's a mutt-fish and a mutated goldfish - according to a person I used to call a friend.

Chrisplosion

Mean Cat
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
Oregon, it's part of 'Murica!
Bs. It think there Imbarrassed that they would pay that for a hybreed. That can really only be called a hybreed. Due to the names like kamfa klm zz super red zz reddragon rose quean tan whatever.
Whatever whatever whatever
Someone wants to know what kind it is. Lol really, Just give it a name make up your name like the breeder did.Lol
And some people on here think there experts at naming a fish. That should probably just be called a hybreed.

Mabey flowerhorn hybreed.
O Yeah. I'm not really a hater I love them.
But anyway. Lol
Hybrid not Hybreed.......I mean hell its in the name of the forum. Not trying to be that guy but I mean come on....

smokeythebair

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 17, 2010
PA
I'm not assuming everyone thinks this way but I'm sure some do. People won't tell you the price because if an FH bought from a high price did not grew up to its potential it would be embarrassing to the owner. Chances are the owner got rip-off or didn't have enough knowledge to grow the FH right.

FH are hybrids that's the truth why are some people denying it.
thats what i think. to some pp $75 isn't alot but they don't want to say the price and have pp say they over paid.

smokeythebair

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 17, 2010
PA
tons of post are pp getting told you paid to much, and its low grade. It doesn't apply to me because i paid like $4 and i got what i paid for. A low grade fh lol. Still a cool fish though. Others i saw on here paid like $40 for the same fish :( Price shouldn't matter if you are happy with the fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store