125 Gallon Peacock Tank Deaths

The True Guapote

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2005
Cincinnati, Ohio
Melafix in my experience is really a very mild treatment, I use it when I have fish with split fins, otherwise you need something for treating internal parasites if they have white or clear stringy feces.
I’d look to something like API General Cure

Reaperxvii

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2018
Alright Ill look into getting that as well, also I forgot, the dead fish had cloudy/white eyes, unsure if this is just them being dead or something else.

The True Guapote

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2005
Cincinnati, Ohio
Again could be an effect from the internal parasites we all seem to suspect may be your culprit here given the symptoms you’re describing.

Reaperxvii

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2018
I began treating their food today with seachem focus and metroplex as thats what my lfs had. Does anyone have a good brand of pellet food that wont sink to the bottom instantly?

I'd been using cobalt flakes for cichlids and omega pellets for cichlids. The Flakes would all go to the overflow right away and the pellets just sank to the bottom and the fish only ate a few before they were gone in the tank.

Reaperxvii

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2018
Small update, lost one yesterday and one today, began medicating their food Wednesday. Moved two to a quarantine tank that showed no interest in food. After dosing the water with API gen cure they're still alive and showing a small appetite.

The fish that are dying all have their mouths open, would this be an indication they were trying to breath but couldn't?

Reaperxvii

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2018
Not to revive a dead thread but just an update, while I'll never know for certain what killed the fish, after feeding medicated food till I ran out of it and QT the last batch of fish that was added I haven't had a death in almost 2 years. I used api gen cure and furan 2 to dose the food.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store