125g Blue Acara, Threadfin Acara, Geo. Redhead Tapajos - Growth Tracking

petspoiler

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
rural Calif.
That tank is pretty busy, and I like your scape.

teqvet

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2009
SE
Thanks. I'm debating pulling out the plants at this point as they are alive but not thriving at this point and I feel like the bits that are dying are adding extra particulate to the water that is making it impossible to keep the water crystal.

it also might be because it's still so heavily stocked -.- Need to pull the remaining blue acara's out (leave the pair) as well as the giant danios (those things are mean and nipping everyon) and take them to the LFS. The heckelii are the real messers though. Their poop is insane.

petspoiler

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
rural Calif.
........................................ The heckelii are the real messers though. Their poop is insane.
That's weird, my heckelii are no messier than any other fish of equal size. even when I had a full grown male as the largest fish in tank, I noticed no difference.

petspoiler

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
rural Calif.
Oh. mine only have access to food @feeding *times. no plants.

teqvet

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2009
SE
Been about a month or so since the last photo update, got some good ones the other day I think. It's crazy how the heckelii look so different when not using flash (the bright neon blue marks as opposed to the gold marks when using flash). I am still trying to learn how to take out the graininess in the photos. Some of them looked so good on camera but then upon viewing the files they were quite grainy. Definitely feel like I'm understanding how to use the Nikon a bit better now though.

DSC_1363.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store