12x8x8

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
It's a brave man, that aquascapes with blue gravel :D

Interested to see how this goes! :p
Is it a brave man that aquascapes with blue gravel, or a brave man that tries to aquascape well with blue gravel?

Reactions: convict360

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
Are any of the fish I was looking at wc?
I was looking at Dwarf Puffers, Otos, and possibly Cherry Barbs. I think this is a question for Fat Homer Fat Homer

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
I'd expect dwarf puffers to be wild caught, can't speak for the otos, cherries are more likely to be bred I'd imagine
That's why I was thinking about the finnex 24/7. It recreates (or at least should) the suns lighting in the wild. I have a couple on my 210, and they work pretty well, but I've never lived in a river, so I don't know how accurate they are.

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
That's why I was thinking about the finnex 24/7. It recreates (or at least should) the suns lighting in the wild. I have a couple on my 210, and they work pretty well, but I've never lived in a river, so I don't know how accurate they are.
I guess I skipped over the point. If I get wild caught fish I want to provide the most natural environment I can. I would prefer to reduce the stress as much as possible by keeping the environment in the tank as close as I can get it to theirs.

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
I guess I skipped over the point. If I get wild caught fish I want to provide the most natural environment I can. I would prefer to reduce the stress as much as possible by keeping the environment in the tank as close as I can get it to theirs.
Sounds good :) I think for dwarf puffers, have a look at this, might help

http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/features/articles/how-to-keep-dwarf-puffers

On a side note, how did this thread get to 27 pages!? Cmon the nano's! :p

Reactions: Fat Homer

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
Any tank mates? I can't get the jbl proscape here; are there any other good alternatives?
This might be a tad late to reply to, but any buffering plant soil that will reduce the pH will be good for plants mostly; if not you can add ferts directly to the water column. I like a grain size of 1mm at least for plants, maybe more

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store