20 feet Killer Whale vs 10 feet Great White Shark

Fish_are_fishfood

Sea Robin
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2005
MA
I didn't see anything in that video.

Just on the news now, I saw a preview of an orca turning on the trainer at sea world, anyone know that story yet?

justin

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 6, 2005
FL
The whale only broke his foot, but had ahold of him for a while and dragged him under a couple of times. The whale is supposed to perform as regular tomorrow.

cichlid savage

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2006
Look up
Shouldn't a 20' Orca be able to kill a 10' Great White? The size/weight difference alone makes it kinda unfair.

justin

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 6, 2005
FL
Unfortunatley for great whites they are solitary animals except when breeding and Orcas travel in small pods most of the time so a one on one in favor of the white is grim.

Sunpoe

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
I think an orca would own a white shark 9 times out of ten, they are bigger, smarter and they can just be plain mean. Incredible creatures, I really think they are the toughest predators in water.

croc 2-3

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
PA
justin;597023; said:
R u kidding? female lions have a better chance against a tiger. Male lions are fat and lazy and wouldn't go near a tiger except for food. Besides tigers are known to be way more aggressive and the full grown tiger is much larger than a lion.
The size of the Panthera(latin for big cats depends on the subspecies. In nature only the black maned lion (Asian )would come into contact with asian tigers. Asain lions are solitary as oppossed to african of which there are several subspecies there. The largest tiger would never naturally occur in an area to come into contact with the largest south african subspecies of lion.

As for the orca white shark thing, there is footage of a solo orca hungting & killing a solo white shark both species of which several individuals were hunting seals except the one orca hunting sharks. It is on a seal lion video from national geographic.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store