225-on-order-details-once-it-arives...then I receive a 300???

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
What a great tank!!
Thanks,

Today's the day, everything is prepared for the move, I've just got the minor irritation of going to work to get through then we are good to go. Pics later.

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
Ok, tools of the trade:

A large tub,
A normal bucket
A koi sock
An Aquarium syphon/gravel cleaner

First of the large tub was cleaned with boiling water then we drained the old tank down to about a 1/3 to fill the large tub and removed the light rig. Next koi socked Arnie and he jumped straight out and up and landed back in the top of the sock. Quite impressive really.

Then moved him into the large tub, the small bucket was 1/2 filled next to it for the koi sock to drain into. He completely freaked out then jumped out of the large tub and landed in the bucket, again a quite impressive feat. Retrieved Arnie from the bucket and placed him back in the large tub and covered the tub with with a heavy towel.

Then every 30 minutes or so syphoned a gallon or so of water out of the new tank into the large tub whilst keeping it covered.

After a couple of hours it was time to get the sock out again, I was going to take a picture of him in the tub but once the towel was removed it looked like he was going for another jump so we just socked him in and up to the wife who was on a chair who lowered him down the sock and slowly into the new tank. No fuss no issues he calmly went for his first proper swim in months and is beyond happy and so are we.

I think I've mentioned before that even time I passed his old tank I told him what was happening with the big tank, I know but it made me feel better:nilly: What is quite surprising is that he recognizes both of us. I'm so happy he's in and doing fine.
koisock.jpg
large-tub.jpg
and-cover.jpg

Pictures of him in later when the lights come on.

Thanks for reading.

and-cover.jpg

koisock.jpg

large-tub.jpg

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
full.jpg
right.jpg
left.jpg

[YT]lquEi6OMklM[/YT]

full.jpg

left.jpg

right.jpg

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
He looks like a happy camper :)
Thanks pacu mom.

He's still loving it. He's a bit skittish when you go near the tank, honestly I think he can't believe his luck. He's not eating but he did this is the old tank, I've just got to get him used to lifting the hood and moving the evaporation covers = food!

bomber

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2007
the Office living in the now...
Seems a little lonely. He looks stunning in that tank.

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
Congratz on your new tank, wonderful feeling isn't it? Took my aros a couple days before they would eat, quit the traumatic experience for them.

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
Seems a little lonely. He looks stunning in that tank.
Thanks, I'm not sure what to add other than the large pleco, I've very nervous about moving the RTGG in there, she's very boisterous and after the hard time the aro has had, I'm going to think about it for a couple of weeks.

Congratz on your new tank, wonderful feeling isn't it? Took my aros a couple days before they would eat, quit the traumatic experience for them.
Totally agree Brian,

From the fishes point of view very traumatic but worth it, I could see straight away the relief and happiness in the fish to be finally in it's home but at the same time, he's very wary of being near the tank still. Hopefully shouldn't take too long to settle in and get used to things.

Thanks for the comments everybody..

bomber

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2007
the Office living in the now...
IMHO, the best way for your aro to acknowledge you is to ignore it(still keeping up with maintenace, feedings ofcourse). Realizing the more I get into my other hobbies, the quicker it seems the aro will acknowledge you and feel more comfortable.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store