225-on-order-details-once-it-arives...then I receive a 300???

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
IMHO, the best way for your aro to acknowledge you is to ignore it(still keeping up with maintenace, feedings ofcourse). Realizing the more I get into my other hobbies, the quicker it seems the aro will acknowledge you and feel more comfortable.
Well it's been nearly a week and things have improved, he's no where near as jumpy, you can walk past the tank and he calmly swims to the other side. Before he would try and jump and get himself really worked up. Nothing on the feeding situation, the second the lid lifts, he's away and sits in the opposite corner of the tank on the gravel and stays there for a good ten minutes until he starts to swim on again. We've still yet to see him eat anything and the food has sunk to the bottom. However it does disappear so he must be eating at some point. Just feeding muscles , one of his favorites from the smaller tank plus they are big and don't break down so they are easy to see if they don't get eaten, but like I said they do disappear.

He seems to have paired up with the pleco, they seem to swim around the tank together from time to time. I'd expect the aro to chase the pleco but the pleco follows it around.

As long as the parameters stay fine we are going to give it another week before the first water change just to let the filter get up to speed, everything so far reads fine.

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
Looks spot on, I'm sure it will come around soon as aros always get a but jumpy after a move.
Cheers DiXoN, we've actually seen it eat now. It's getting much better by the day, it still doesn't go for the food from the top but eats once the hood goes down.

The plan is a the moment to move the Giant Gouarmi this Saturday, something I'm really nervous about. The moving is fine but I just pray everyone will get one, she can be quite moody from time to time but at the moment has got other smaller tank mates which sometimes get chased but never caught or damaged.

Either way that tank needs a good stripping down and cleaning before it gets restocked. We really fancy having a good community tank again, full of dollars and gourami so it needs a good clean before hand.

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
Sorry about the picture, it was just a point and click, the wood has finally sank so the tank can be decorated properly now, I only uploaded it because the pleco was in shot..:
full.jpg

I'll be a good girl ....honest...
good-girl.jpg

full.jpg

good-girl.jpg

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
We decided not to move the GG, will happen soon but just yet.

On the plus side the aro is eating like a trooper, I'm hoping to get a feeding video up soon. The only problem is he will only eat muscles....

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
Feeding video tomorrow. He's so confident now, the lid lifts and the second the slider moves he's up and eats it as it drops.

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
Last nights effort were poor, the wife forgot how to use the camera, I fed a huge couple of chunks of king prawn and he over indulged:

[YT]2XaTSvc5sA8[/YT]

A much better video tonight. remember the shy aro that would hide when the covers opened?:

[YT]4KUoRcvd6aA[/YT]

Tequila

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2007
USA
Well at least its not a BB tank. It looks pretty empty but thats how you people on that side of the pond like things.
I've never gotten around to resealing my 220 so it just sits there. I keep saying I'm gonna fill it will bearded dragons
but never gotten around to it. Plus I cant keep the fish I want these days so, whats the point.
:irked:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store