23" King Henlei Female - think she's ready to pop???

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
Jimr has bred his old Hens before, not quite as large as yours. But I believe the female was in the 16-18 inch range.

peterp63

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2008
On a boat!
Anyone know the pup counts for jimr's hen litters?

Anyone know if vamptrev's leo/hen pups have a hen mom and what size litters?

vamptrev

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2007
Chesterfield MI
My breeder is a leohen female, my other breeder is pure leo. Biggest litter i ever had was 5 or 6 pups.

I would also expect like 3 or 4 pups looking at her size but you never know...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

jeffers

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 11, 2009
southern indiana
I read something last night that flowers only produce on one half of their backs and motos are fertile on both sides. Could the same be with hens or castexi? I will try to find the article again to post but I found it by chance. Hopefully I can find it again.

Could explain why motos have so many and can get knocked up by two seperate rays

FishDog

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2008
B.G. KY
I read something last night that flowers only produce on one half of their backs and motos are fertile on both sides. Could the same be with hens or castexi? I will try to find the article again to post but I found it by chance. Hopefully I can find it again.

Could explain why motos have so many and can get knocked up by two seperate rays

Could be, i noticed with my marble that even though she got stuck on Monday both males are still trying to breed with her. So either they are fertile on both sides or the bigger more aggressive rays only get stuck once and you are lucky if that happens. I know with my jags the male tries to breed most of the time but the female is such a beast she just shakes him off.

vamptrev

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2007
Chesterfield MI
My breeders are about 20 to 22" wide. The bigger the female gets the bigger the litters can get. Keep pumpin her full of food!

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
nice fat ray but no offence the water looks rubbish

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store