240g Hap/Peacock setup...800 watts of Metal Halide light, DIY wetdry...PICS

NOLAGT

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2007
Louisiana
Banjardini;2946854; said:
is hiring cabinet guys cheaper than custom? Or is this just so it matches the rest of the cabinets?
I would say hiring a cabinet guy IS custom lol. It was 2800 for the stand and canopy finished and delivered....and I made them help me put the tank on the stand lol. Pricey but looks GOOD!

Did some more work on the filter last night...bout a hole saw but didn't realize it didn't have the center bit so I couldn't so all I wanted. I did however fill the tank with water...I couldn't wait any longer lol. Seeing is how I should have it running tonight or tomorrow I said what the hay. Ohhhhhhh the ripple from the lights is so purdy!!!!!!! I think the 2 400w MH is going to be perfect....once the tank was full of water the light is not so intense...looks good! I left my camera at work last night so no pics...

shelbyzman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2009
USA
very nice setup! Can't wait for pics when you get it filled up with fish :)

NOLAGT

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2007
Louisiana
Alright...got water in it and one pump running. I still need to just attach the hose and run the 2nd pump but my overflow covers need to be altered. I knew this was going to probably need to happen...the slots are not wide enough and can barley keep up with 1 mag 18 much less 2 of them. But with the sumps attached its not that big of a deal...both bio towers are getting water from the overflows. This is all still in the testing phase...now that I have running water I will look adjust and tweak my setup till its running how I want...then i'll add fish. I still need to fig out where i'm getting my 3M color quarts and I cant find plastic peg board in my area so i need to come up with something else for the drip plate bottom. I can do a sheet of acrylic but I don't want to drill all those darn holes lol.

Anyway...the thing we all love...pics.

This is how I connected the 2 sumps...1.5" bulkheads with flex PVC since the side of the tub is not 90deg there's a slight angle.

The heart of the system...2 mag 18's that go to a 1.25" hose until the tank bulkhead where it drops to 1"

Some of the plumbing...

and shes full of water and running....well 1/2 of it at least (left side)

This is the water going to tank into the first can that will have filter socks. The water in this can is a little high and the two 1" bulkheads are kinda laggin on the draining of the water...might add a 3rd. Right now I just have the water going into a xp3 tray with some sponges and polishing pad until I get my socks and drip plate.

This is the overflow...the silencers work like a friggen charm!!! Only problem I have now is with only 1 pump running and 2 overflows working the amount of water that is making it into this overflow was not enough to make the silencer work properly...so I had to wedge a drink stirrer in the back to let more water in.

Now this was fun...I was outside grabbing some big rocks to weight the drift wood down since it floats. I had a box of some rock on my porch...so I was outside grabbing some with my back to my front door. I turn around and DOH snake lol. It didn't move so I was able to go inside and grab my camera for a quick photo shoot lol. It had some sort of red spider mite tick looking thing on its head. Don't know what kind...I know its not poisonous...I love snakes and have kept many over the years...my wife HATES them and she would want to move is she saw this lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store