250 Acrylic Gallon Fish Tank

BIGgourami

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
Chicago, IL
rubbermaids would work, or you could go to an LFS and see if they'll give you some bags...
you still dont know what fish he/you have? do you at least know how big they are?

rburns007@sbcglobal.net

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 28, 2008
Sterling Hts.
No, I don't know the type of fish. Most appeared 5-6 inches and a few larger and a few smaller. Once I get the tank and fish I will list each one. I'm thinking of just putting them in 5-10 gallon buckets until I get home and transfer them into a larger container until I get the tank running. It's my hope to get them back into the tank within 8 hours of them going into the buckets. My biggest fear is loosing the bacteria from substrate and rocks. I will be keeping them both in water as I move them. I have no experience in sumps so I hope I don't have any delays in getting them started.

BobbyG123

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2008
New Jersey
i just transported a 75 gal with all the water it wasnt that hard but ur look at 300gals haha i wish you luck i went out and bought 22 gal containers from walmart for 7$ ech i bought lkike seven of them because those things get HEAVY with water in them so i filled each of them a quarter of the way then when i was done scrubed them up real nice an brought them back :-D
ps b4 i bought the 22 gal ones i bought the 45 gal ones(that were on wheels) i did a water change on my 55 gal and my 40 gal tank and put the water in it just to see how heavy it was and it was filled half way(around 20 25 gals) and i went to move it with the wheels it was HARD the wheels ended up crushing lol so i would suggest as minimun of water as possible in each container and alot of help atleast one or two more ppl good luck u gotta post pix when u get it

BIGgourami

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
Chicago, IL
you could even make due with just covering them in wet newspaper or paper towls or somthing.. alot easier than movin 500 pounds of rock and water

serafino

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
:iagree: I think the wet newspaper would work well. All you really need to do is keep it from drying out. Also see if you can move the tank with some water in it. If not save what you can. I get RO and seawater cheap so just my opinion. Or you can buy and RO unit for your home and not worry at all about the cost of water. Salt is fairly cheap depending where you buy it but you could see if you can get a discount for the amount you would need since its a heck of a lot. Whatever works. Also what you could do is just get a bunch of smaller sized containers that are easier to lift so you don't carry the weight all at once.

sweeTang21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
Wisconsin
nice. Moving rock with wet newspaper has my vote as well. Water over them is better but you need to be able to finish moving the tank before you passout lol. Fill the tank ASAP with new water and as much old water as you saved and get the rock in there. The sand will most likely need to come out as well, with acrylic being weak and unsupported may spell disaster. Fish will live fine in a 5gal bucket with old tank water for a period of time. Depending on size, try catching the fish in a clear container to prevent stress and air expossure. good luck

craig

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
LONG ISLAND NY
If you go to Petsmarts web site and print out the online price of $35.00 for the salt,you take the printout of the salt to Petsmart they will match their online price in the store. That's how I get all my stuff from Petsmart.

mudslinger

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 18, 2008
Williamsburg, VA
INSANE DEAL:headbang2 MAni wish i had the room for something like that! Post some pics soon!!!

rburns007@sbcglobal.net

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 28, 2008
Sterling Hts.
I just finished building the stand. It's gigantic. I still need to sand and stain it. I built the stand in a way where I can remove the entire front face to have access to the sumps. It's going to take four guys to move this monster. I wish I brought my camera. I still need to build a canopy. I'm picking up the tank on Wednesday.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store