265 gallon South American in-the-wall build thread

decoy50

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2012
VA
Do your homework on the Altums before you pull the trigger on them. The price has gone down, but they are still fairly expensive & a bigtime hassle to acclimate. Very high maintenance fish, that even long time fish keepers struggle with. I would recommend any other wild type angel or even some really nice domestic wild-type crosses or F1 before Altums(although Altums are easily the best looking).

Dis

Dovii
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2010
Hamilton, ON
I like the tank and the stock list. I have a group of altifrons and they are really cool to watch. I'm a stickler for stocking fish from the same regions of the world so I'd pass on the clown loaches.as for the atbums you can get wild Peruvian angels that look similar and are less expensive. Enjoy

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
Do your homework on the Altums before you pull the trigger on them. The price has gone down, but they are still fairly expensive & a bigtime hassle to acclimate. Very high maintenance fish, that even long time fish keepers struggle with. I would recommend any other wild type angel or even some really nice domestic wild-type crosses or F1 before Altums(although Altums are easily the best looking).
How about captive bred Altums? Any idea how they compare to the wild ones?

PDRed302

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2011
Fort Worth Texas
Digging the build; I have always liked in wall tanks, keep those updates coming!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store