30 gal salt

Bloby762

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2016
Surgeon fish or tangs won't work at all in a 29 gallon even a yellow tang requires a larger tank, I'd stick to smaller wrasse species clowns cardinals firefish. Sea horses should be species only. Tangs are too aggressive of eaters to mix with sea horses but regardless your tank is too small for both unless you get dwarf seahorses, which are difficult to care for
Can you get jelly fish in the u.s. and if you can what is the care level abs ate there easy jellies to care for thanks

Bloby762

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2016
Surgeon fish or tangs won't work at all in a 29 gallon even a yellow tang requires a larger tank, I'd stick to smaller wrasse species clowns cardinals firefish. Sea horses should be species only. Tangs are too aggressive of eaters to mix with sea horses but regardless your tank is too small for both unless you get dwarf seahorses, which are difficult to care for
How about queen angels/saltwater angelfish

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
I would get a 75 gallon minimum,they r readily availible(and often cheaper)on Craigslist. Queen angelfish are difficult for beginners and require at least 100 gallons,most surgeon fish need over 55 gallons but care is similar to tangs, jellyfish require special tanks and filtration and sea horses r not beginner species at all,personally I recommend the following fish for a 75 or greater tank: toadfish,snowflake moray,niger triggerfish.

Reactions: tlindsey

Bloby762

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2016
I would get a 75 gallon minimum,they r readily availible(and often cheaper)on Craigslist. Queen angelfish are difficult for beginners and require at least 100 gallons,most surgeon fish need over 55 gallons but care is similar to tangs, jellyfish require special tanks and filtration and sea horses r not beginner species at all,personally I recommend the following fish for a 75 or greater tank: toadfish,snowflake moray,niger triggerfish.
All right cool thanks I'll see what I can get for a tank size

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

fishfanatic80

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2011
Long island
I'd say a queen angel needs larger then a 100, I have a 120 and it would easily outgrow that I wouldn't put them in anything smaller then a 180. Dwarf angels are suitable for a 60 gallon like flame angel coral beauty rock beauty there's a ton of others out there. You can buy jellyfish but you need a cylinder tank so they don't bump their heads in the corner me personally I'd buy one of the kits if I were to get jellies just because it's easier they're species only as well. I would need to know your tank set up, if your looking to do fowler or reef, type of filtration to further help you

Bloby762

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2016
I'd say a queen angel needs larger then a 100, I have a 120 and it would easily outgrow that I wouldn't put them in anything smaller then a 180. Dwarf angels are suitable for a 60 gallon like flame angel coral beauty rock beauty there's a ton of others out there. You can buy jellyfish but you need a cylinder tank so they don't bump their heads in the corner me personally I'd buy one of the kits if I were to get jellies just because it's easier they're species only as well. I would need to know your tank set up, if your looking to do fowler or reef, type of filtration to further help you
What is fowler

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store