30" Indian Mottled Eel - Anguilla bengalensis - PU/Meet - Albany, NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madding

The Ninth Holostei
MFK Member
May 11, 2009
New York
Monster freshwater eel for sale, rare species, haven't seen another in the states. 30" and growing.

Will put up pictures after work. Click the link in my signature to find videos of this eel (scroll through my youtube vids to find).

Eats massivore, carnisticks, will take cichlid gold, prefers tilapia fillets.

Warnings: This fish is strong and will escape your tank any chance it gets, especially if tank is too small. It lived in my overflow for a year so be ready to block things off if you have a similar set-up. It only got out of my 500g tank once in a year and a half, and that was the first week I got it.

Tankmates must be large or the eel will bite them relentlessly. Gets along with gars, lungfish, etc. Silvery fish will be bitten. Fingers will also be bitten.

Must have a big tank or won't sell to you, sorry. A good home is most important to me.

$200 OBO. Will drive a couple hours to meet you if needed.

Open to trades.

Madding

The Ninth Holostei
MFK Member
May 11, 2009
New York
[YT]QCZXKlEp8k8[/YT]

Reactions: xenacanth9

Madding

The Ninth Holostei
MFK Member
May 11, 2009
New York
Sorry for wall of text instead of pictures, computer spazzed. Edited and fixed.

Madding

The Ninth Holostei
MFK Member
May 11, 2009
New York
Up...

Madding

The Ninth Holostei
MFK Member
May 11, 2009
New York
Bump...!

Madding

The Ninth Holostei
MFK Member
May 11, 2009
New York
Wow, was sure someone would be interested in the beast from the east!

fugupuff

M.A.N. Community Vendor
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2005
Fish Heaven
people on this board are less aware of what is rare and good, and more doing just the trendy stuff... yawn. glws, cool fish. If you watch river monsters, this is the same type of eel but from India that grows to 6 feet and bite. They can live for decades as well.

Madding

The Ninth Holostei
MFK Member
May 11, 2009
New York
I am probably going to keep it if a good home doesn't show up. Only reason I made this thread is because I am having trouble keeping it out of my overflows. It is hard to design a good blockade that still allows water and waste to get in.

If I can think of something then I am definitely keeping it. Gets along great with my gars. My girlfriend is also very sad that I made this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store