Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
Amazing deal...

Egon

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Tempe AZ
As someone has already said, not too many people appreciate the truly odd monster fishes that are out there in favor of the "trendy" ones. I know that I'd like to get this beastie but can't since I need to scale back a good bit rather than add more fishes...
So........ I would buy it if he ships or I lived closer.(1) Your saying you just don't have the cash.(2) No one on here said "I'm not buying this fish because it's not trendy"? Not one person. Where are you getting this information? odd...........

Also can you name someone on monsterfishkeepers that doesn't "appreciate the truly odd monster"???? Just one name?

Please forgive me, I just don't understand this nonsense. It just doesn't add up.

Madding

The Ninth Holostei
MFK Member
May 11, 2009
New York
I don't really want to go get involved with this debate. I know it goes both ways. There are definitely some MFK'ers who want to get an arowana and a datnoid just because they want to show the forum that they have it too. There are also people who appreciate those cliche common monsters and really love them and don't need anything too exotic, which is awesome. Then there are people who appreciate anything and everything, and rare and unique is always a plus... many of those people are right in this thread.

Egon I've been juggling the idea of shipping. I have all the stuff for it, but it's been a couple years since I shipped a fish and this eel arrived to me with the box leaking and the bag bitten up. Another day and it might have been a DOA.

I will look into getting some sturdier bags.

Until then I'd still prefer a meet. Don't be afraid to ask me to drive, people!

Still might keep it too, so jump on this deal!!!

nicholasdances

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 25, 2010
NEW LONDON COUNTY CT
this thing is absolutely incredible, and I'm pretty close to NYC. but my 125 is defenitly not big enough and my 300 would get shredded. what do you think is a decent minimum tank size for this thing?

Madding

The Ninth Holostei
MFK Member
May 11, 2009
New York
What's in your 300? That size would probably work as long as there was something for the eel to hide in at the bottom. It all depends on the stock in it.

I'd say 300 is a minimum though.

Wiggles92

Dovii
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2009
Pennsylvania
So........ I would buy it if he ships or I lived closer.(1) Your saying you just don't have the cash.(2) No one on here said "I'm not buying this fish because it's not trendy"? Not one person. Where are you getting this information? odd...........

Also can you name someone on monsterfishkeepers that doesn't "appreciate the truly odd monster"???? Just one name?

Please forgive me, I just don't understand this nonsense. It just doesn't add up.
There's the "trendy" reference:

people on this board are less aware of what is rare and good, and more doing just the trendy stuff... yawn. glws, cool fish. If you watch river monsters, this is the same type of eel but from India that grows to 6 feet and bite. They can live for decades as well.
As for the scaling back thing, I personally have to scale back my fish collection since I'm in college and need to keep it simple at this point in time. If I was not in this current situation, I would have bought it in a heartbeat; I have admired this particular fish for quite some time, but I haven't ever been able to find one for sale...

I don't really want to go get involved with this debate. I know it goes both ways. There are definitely some MFK'ers who want to get an arowana and a datnoid just because they want to show the forum that they have it too. There are also people who appreciate those cliche common monsters and really love them and don't need anything too exotic, which is awesome. Then there are people who appreciate anything and everything, and rare and unique is always a plus... many of those people are right in this thread.

Egon I've been juggling the idea of shipping. I have all the stuff for it, but it's been a couple years since I shipped a fish and this eel arrived to me with the box leaking and the bag bitten up. Another day and it might have been a DOA.

I will look into getting some sturdier bags.

Until then I'd still prefer a meet. Don't be afraid to ask me to drive, people!

Still might keep it too, so jump on this deal!!!
If you decided to ship, you could always try using both a bag and a good-sized Rubbermaid box like I did with the longnose gar that you got from me.

Madding

The Ninth Holostei
MFK Member
May 11, 2009
New York
Thanks guys... bump

Madding

The Ninth Holostei
MFK Member
May 11, 2009
New York

Status