300 gal. Aquaponic System - update

muckieman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2007
georgia
wow very nice cool. would do something like this but i live in ga too cold in winter.

King Edward

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
ypu eating the bluegills?

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
nice set up....I'm curious as to how this will pan out during the season.... keep it updated.....

mrgrackle

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2007
austin, tx
King Edward;1507462; said:
ypu eating the bluegills?

When they get big enough, that's the plan. I hope they're really bluegill and not green sunfish. I suppose I can eat green sunfish as well, but they won't get nearly as big, right? I collected them from the colorado river near austin, tx. They're all still really small and hard to tell what they are. Maybe I'll scoop a couple out and see if I can get some 2nd opinions.

Had a scare this afternoon when I got home. 2/3rds of the water was missing from the tank and the ground under the grow beds was soaked. One of the hoses going to a grow bed fell out and started to drain the tank onto the ground. Luckly for everyone my girlfriend noticed and saved the day.

After this lesson I'm going to lift the pump off the bottom of the tank, in case this happens again. That way it can't drain the tank all the way down and kill the fish. Also wondering about a float switch now.

Primus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
Arizona
That is awsome!!! This looks like a fun project, love to see how well the veggies do in this setup.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store