366g tank

dprm

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2014
Portugal
I've seen that sorry for making you waste time. Heard of k1 for the first time a week ago.. But I guess I'll run the trickle tower filters with bio-balls and work on some kind of reactor for the k1. Should be fun to experiment with things.

I don't know where I would be without MFK! Thank you for your help in the past and the help I'll receive in the future!

Xia

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2014
New York
I've seen that sorry for making you waste time. Heard of k1 for the first time a week ago.. But I guess I'll run the trickle tower filters with bio-balls and work on some kind of reactor for the k1. Should be fun to experiment with things.

I don't know where I would be without MFK! Thank you for your help in the past and the help I'll receive in the future!
There are tons if do it yourself overflows in the DIY section! Two big drums would definitley work well for k1! Just fill it about halfway with k1 and run a big airstone in the bottom to keep the k1 circulating. You can connect that drum to a second drum via a piece of PVC pipe and keep heaters, return pumps and stuff like ceramic rings in the second one! To make it even more effective I've thought about having a trickle filter on top of the first drum so you could just stack the plastic drawer on top

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

dprm

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2014
Portugal
There are tons if do it yourself overflows in the DIY section! Two big drums would definitley work well for k1! Just fill it about halfway with k1 and run a big airstone in the bottom to keep the k1 circulating. You can connect that drum to a second drum via a piece of PVC pipe and keep heaters, return pumps and stuff like ceramic rings in the second one! To make it even more effective I've thought about having a trickle filter on top of the first drum so you could just stack the plastic drawer on top

Thank you Xia!

I'm already on it. Just trying to calculate the flow of the overflow to match the return pump. I'm going with a Jebao DC 6000 return pump. Should give me a nice enough turn-over.

Update:
fotografia (7).JPG

I'll set it up as soon as I get home from work.

fotografia (7).JPG

dprm

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2014
Portugal
Also placed an order for 4 Pterophyllum Scalare sp Rio Nanay. I'll take pictures of the setup.

dprm

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2014
Portugal
Hello.

I'm sorry I haven't had time to take pictures.. So much to do. Been up all night building 2 1" pvc pipe overflows and also managing the flow from the cannister outputs so the Angelfish don't stress and swim with ease.

dprm

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2014
Portugal
Thanks a lot Jim!

I've been busy but the diy part is almost over.

1" pvc overflow; 750 gph each ( made 2 of those..not the most aesthetic look but it serves the purpose.. )

651F9F48-0C81-4932-8D3D-ADCDAE6A9B11.JPG

Sump is made of 3/4" plywood, glued with a very powerfull sealent ( T-REX ) and screwed. The screw holes have been sealed with the same glue. Then I placed 2 mm acrylic sheets glued to the wood and sealed with aquarium silicone. ( could not find non-toxic liquid rubber )

7AF24CEA-040A-4646-A127-D7F723FBE903.JPGD92A0053-7B74-40FD-B122-7884954CD7B9.JPG

That's it as far as updates.. as soon as the silicone cures I'll set it up and post some more pictures.

( I'm editing a little underwater video of the tank ( 4K resolution ) and I'll post it as soon as it is ready )

Thank you guys.

651F9F48-0C81-4932-8D3D-ADCDAE6A9B11.JPG

7AF24CEA-040A-4646-A127-D7F723FBE903.JPG

D92A0053-7B74-40FD-B122-7884954CD7B9.JPG

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
Since I've a limited footprint for a wet/dry sump under my tank, I'll place a smaller one with 2 or 3 of these, filled with k1 and bioballs or pot scrubbies ( what do you think? )

View attachment 1038950
( not my photo )

This way I'll run a wet/dry needed for the k1 media and I compensate for the lack of horizontal space.
My daughter keeps her art stuff in them draws felt pens crayons ruler chalk

I don't think they are filters but hey I have seen stranger things used

dprm

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2014
Portugal
My daughter keeps her art stuff in them draws felt pens crayons ruler chalk

I don't think they are filters but hey I have seen stranger things used

I don't ser where I stated that I would use the drawer just Like that. But if the water flows from the top, through a pre-filter in the first drawer, flows through the other two with will be filled with bio balls, I guess it would be a wet/dry filter. A very cheap but also very efective and easy to clean. No diferent than 3 or 4 drums stacked together, wich I think it's called a thrickle filter. Am I wrong?

Thank you for the input

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
I tried a setup like that on a smaller tank and didn't like it at all. Was loud and dirty and a mess to deal with. Those drawers are not made to hold much weight and what. My best advice to you would be getting filter socks setup into a design of a sump. Also k1 or other bio media's are great so think about a side reactor super out of a barrel or something. Also the pump you chose the 6000 liter (I assume your running that as your full sump pump and still canisters or none?) That is a bit small for that size of your setup powering the system. I would recommend the jebao 12000. Think about using the 6000 for a reactor setup external or use that water pump in a sump to power the media like an air pump.

Maybe tell us what you plan now as many changes have happened and we can further help you move forward.

Sent from the Monster Fish Keeping App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store