$40?

TTTT

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2009
Cincinnati - The 513
I know and they have Electric Blue JDs on liveaquaria for $70... their $35 at the LFS

DrDoNothing

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2009
Far Arden
either way, I too have noticed that they have prices that are significantly inflated on some fish. However, they do tend to have some things that others don't. It's a strategy born of impulsivity: When someone wants a very specific fish and they want it NOW, they'll pay the extra. Just don't price yourself out of the market and you can make a hefty profit catering to that tendency.

zerojquan85

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2008
So-California, US
DrDoNothing;3671777; said:
either way, I too have noticed that they have prices that are significantly inflated on some fish. However, they do tend to have some things that others don't. It's a strategy born of impulsivity: When someone wants a very specific fish and they want it NOW, they'll pay the extra. Just don't price yourself out of the market and you can make a hefty profit catering to that tendency.
I couldn't agree more.. Thats why as hobbyist.. we ought to look out for each other and point out where specific fish are available at a cheaper price.. I've had lots of help on MFK on specific fishes i wanted..

woofy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
Miami
although it might be true that liveaquariua is generally pricey i do want to still mention that the rubber pleco for sale on their is not the same as a rubberlip pleco for sale in petsmarts.

woofy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
Miami
TwistedPenguin;3672866; said:
Woofy's right and not one single person is listening lol
They're not even the same kind of plec.
LOL THANK YOU!:clap

Thalan

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 30, 2008
jacksonville
woofy;3671688; said:
i might be completely wrong but i think there is a difference between a rubber pleco and a rubber LIP pleco. rubber pleco is another common name for what i believe is the chubby pleco which grow to 8"+ i think while rubber lip only gets to 5"

actually i just confirmed this. If the op meant that rubber pleco for $40 was too expensive becuase petsmart has them for less...petsmart has rubber LIP pleco which is a completely different pleco from a rubber pleco which is what the website is selling for $40.
Thats exactly what I was thinking when I saw it was a rubber Pleco.
http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/species.php?species_id=407
http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/species.php?species_id=82
Contrast and compare!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store