woofy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
Miami
TTTT;3675605; said:
:duh:
My bad... :duh:

OMG i coulnt put my soap box any freakin higher lol. if this was real life i would be the person jumping around the crowd of people talking in a circle going "hey hey its not the same, helooooo!!":nilly::nilly::nilly::nilly:

im glad you noticed. Yes in fact its what ive been saying the one on the website is a rubber pleco or chubby pleco. It gets to 8"+ not the same rubber LIP pleco that they normally have at petsmart for $8" and $40 imo is a good price for a chubby pleco. but yes overall you are right that liveaquaria over prices.

*plops on couch to rest*

Plec123

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2009
North Jersey
TTTT;3671103; said:
they are different fish. take a closer look at the ones in the store and on the site.
the petsmart ones are also commonly known as bulldog or rubberlip plecos. the liveaquaria one is commonly known as the chubby pleco, or Parancistrus aurantiacus. the liveaquaria one is much, much harder to come by. ive only seen one at my best / favorite lfs and it was almost $50.

and if you want a chubby pleco, tfd on aquabid.com has them for $15 each. and they are almost always in stock, with not-so-expensive shipping.

TwistedPenguin

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2008
Oklahoma
woofy;3677154; said:
OMG i coulnt put my soap box any freakin higher lol. if this was real life i would be the person jumping around the crowd of people talking in a circle going "hey hey its not the same, helooooo!!"
im glad you noticed. Yes in fact its what ive been saying the one on the website is a rubber pleco or chubby pleco. It gets to 8"+ not the same rubber LIP pleco that they normally have at petsmart for $8" and $40 imo is a good price for a chubby pleco. but yes overall you are right that liveaquaria over prices.
*plops on couch to rest*
Bahahaha!!!
<----- Going to get a cool rag for Woofy's forehead and his medication lol

phillydog1958

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
i bought one at my local fish store during the summer for under $10. It's done well and is a decent algae controller, not the best but decent. they are attractive, with a olives-greenish hue and white spots.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store