560 Room Divider Build. Follow the fun....

ThomasWest

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
Huntington Beach, California
Wow looks good. Will def follow this build so lots of photos please....

I know it's early but thought much about what to stock it with yet? Should be an amazing reef!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Funny you should ask about stocking: My daughter just wants "Nemos", Son wants a Blacktip Reef Shark or Great White (he's ok either way), Son #2 wants sting rays and Wife wants a giant puffer or grouper. I like the idea of having schools of fish, some SPS (some, funny word...some = tons haha). The design of the filtration is around the later. I'm working through the design of a split filtration system: sump (berlin with large skimmer) and low flow 80 gallon refugium w/LEDs. There will also be a 4000+ gph closed loop for circulation because the tank is 12' and only has one overflow against the wall.

Psylant

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Canada
Incredible how fast you're putting this together. I'd be the happiest man alive if I had 5% of your carpentry skills. I come from a long line of completely inadequate mechanically inclined males.

Far2lively

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2012
London, England
Looking good mate!! i have the same dewalt chop saw you have there :) its amazing

are you a carpenter by trade?

ThomasWest

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
Huntington Beach, California
Looking good mate!! i have the same dewalt chop saw you have there :) its amazing

are you a carpenter by trade?
Not a carpenter by trade but love doing the build and other projects around the new house. I've created an island in my kitchen that will be covered in a 50 million year old slab with a large 25" fossil fish in the middle. (We love fish, even the old ones!)

Psylant

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Canada
Not a carpenter by trade but love doing the build and other projects around the new house. I've created an island in my kitchen that will be covered in a 50 million year old slab with a large 25" fossil fish in the middle. (We love fish, even the old ones!)
That's very cool. You should post a picture of it when it's done. :)

PDRed302

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2011
Fort Worth Texas
Sounds/looks like this is going to be a pretty cool tank and house! I'll be keeping an eye on this thread to see where it goes. Make sure to take lots of pics along the way!

Super Turtleman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2009
Michigan
Wow, this is going to be great. Can't wait to see more updates. Subscribed!

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

iwiied

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2008
denver,co
please take some picture of this fish when you have it as well. :) great work

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store