560 Room Divider Build. Follow the fun....

ThomasWest

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
Huntington Beach, California
Just an update:

The acrylic tank itself has been delayed by 1 week and I'm waiting for the filtration, protein skimmer, etc etc but I'm on the fence with lighting.

I'm going to order the new Maxspect Razor R420R LED system (5 27" units) but not sure if I should use the 16k or 10k. 16k has less white and more blue. I was thinking about ordering 3 10k and 2 16k.

Any thoughts?

Super Turtleman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2009
Michigan
3 & 2 sounds good to me. What's the status of the tank?

ThomasWest

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
Wood Flooring finally installed around the stand. Trim and Molding on the stand to follow. Tank to be delivered mid September. Filtration has been designed, lights ordered (maxspect razor 27" LEDs x 5) and odds and ends arriving weekly.

FlooringAroundStandComplete.jpg

FlooringGoingAroundTheStand.jpg

FlooringAroundStandComplete.jpg

FlooringGoingAroundTheStand.jpg

ThomasWest

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
....Still waiting for the tank to be completed. Contracted PFI Aquariums for the build after the last company flaked and delayed the project by 2 months. Trying to get 12' panels has been the culprit for the delay (easy to get 8'). The many projects around the house are being completed in the meantime. (kitchen backsplash, butler pantry, wood floors, etc etc etc). The stand will be completed once the aquarium is set in place. Here's a few pics of the 50 million y/o fossil fish in the kitchen.Backsplash1.jpgBacksplash2.jpg

Backsplash1.jpg

Backsplash2.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store