600 gallon tank finally here!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnptc

Feeder Fish
Apr 6, 2005
los angeles
www.fishtankwebcam.com
are you yalking about redtail/shovelnose ???

here is a story about ralph our hybrid........

he was doing fine............ then for about a month he swam circles at the front window until he had rubbed some places raw on his nose....but he was nice and fat........then he stopped eating and got so thin i assumed he was a gonner........after about six (?) weeks of appearing that he would die he starting eating like a pig and came up to be hand fed........he gained his weight and is doing great..........this started about 18 months ago...........

i found the whole story puzzling but maybe helpful to you guys.....

warm water and loving care..........hope he is ok

john and sam

ps how is the puppy and what his his name ??? cody and della want to know :)

John7429

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2008
Fullerton, CA
Wet Whiskers;3862548; said:
...I'm going to have to get into the tank to get him out, and giving that their are sharp pectoral spines and two massive ripsaws, I'm throwing on my wet suit and diving boots.

:WHOA: :headbang2

John7429

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2008
Fullerton, CA
johnptc;3862600; said:
to quote zoodiver "tank cleaning should require a wet suit" :D

I think you guys are the exception when it comes to all the norms to fish keeping

Wet Whiskers

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2008
Amongst the Catfish & Plecos
Thanks for your help John. It will make this a lot easier. To everyone else, thank you for your well wishes. I hope this works and my guy gets healthy. I'll post photos of what we had to do later.

tcarswell

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2008
Tibet
Wet Whiskers;3863566; said:
Thanks for your help John. It will make this a lot easier. To everyone else, thank you for your well wishes. I hope this works and my guy gets healthy. I'll post photos of what we had to do later.
Good luck. Poor cat :( IME paraguard from seachem is a great parasite med and covers a larger spectrum than parasite guard from jungle. Just a thought.

Wet Whiskers

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2008
Amongst the Catfish & Plecos
tcarswell;3863659; said:
Good luck. Poor cat :( IME paraguard from seachem is a great parasite med and covers a larger spectrum than parasite guard from jungle. Just a thought.
Thanks. I'll look into it. I'm suspecting hexamita, as I have seen some white puffy poo in there in the past. Thought they were over it, but broad spectrum is how I'm gonna go so I'm not messing around with guess work and treat for the wrong thing.

Jeoni22

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2009
Cen Cali
wow what a huge tank...i'm kind of new to MFk....i was suprise to see the size of the wonderful fish tank........hopely the luckY fish found a good home...............

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store